User Tag List

Thread: Braking pad and rotors recoomendation

1. Default Braking pad and rotors recoomendation

Hi guys, due to the squeaking noise from the brake, I am thinking of get all 4 rotors and pads replaced, basically, anything better than the factory ones will be considered. not going down track or street racing, so as long as it does the job and don't make funny noise, I will be happy.

Am checking the ones on Ebay, prices vary quite a lot. Here are a few, any comments on these rotors or recommendations? Not too fuzzy on brand, as long as they provide better performance than factory.

Mazda 3 MPS 2 3L Turbo 06 on Rear Drilled Slotted RDA Disc Brake Rotors | eBay
    07 12 mazdaspeed 3 Drilled Slotted Rotors Noise Reduction Technology Rear | eBay
    Front Cross Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors Carbon Fiber Brake Pads J29652 | eBay
    Abt 2 Black Dimpled Slotted Brake Rotors Front Set DS BZ 45078 | eBay
    Mazdaspeed 3 Performance Rotors Metallic Pads Harmonic Balancing Design Rear | eBay

Hey mate. Are they actually worn/warped or are you just guessing that its the reason for the noise? Do you actually need rears, or just fronts?

Rotors are heavy and shipping from the US would be exxy. I also would be VERRY cautious about buying 2 no-name drilled rotors and 4 pads for $100, sounds like complete junk to me, and a recipe for cracked rotors.

If you aren't after anything fancy, standard (blank) rotors and Remsa pads would be a good option without much noise.
    Id chat to @gslrallysport they can help you out.
    Good luck

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

i'm running remsa pads and DBA4000 T3 slotted rotors front and back - as alot of guys and girls do on the forum. Great upgrade but pads do get quite dusty. @gslrallysport are the guys to speak to!

I am running rda rotors and remsa pads front and rear. And yep @gslrallysport are the go to people

5. Default

+1 for @gslrallysport

Sold me my previous set of pads, cheap, quality and shipping is fast!

+1 for gsl, but as @CelestialSpool said, remsa are quite dusty!

1 track day and and week or so of normal driving

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anything that works properly will create dust.

Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post

Get used to it.
    wouldn't have recommended them if they weren't good but the dust thing is worth a mention.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I use them too, they're freaking awesome for a street pad!

+1 I was very happy with the remsas on stock rotors. No real noise and if you clean them regularly, dust ain't a problem.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post

Get used to it.
    I'm cool with dust if performance comes with it, just some may not..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Remsa are awesome. Dust is really 3/5ths of fk all compared to the factory ones

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk