User Tag List

Thread: Knocking noises

Default Knocking noises

Not sure if anyone is awake right now, but try my luck, i think i kinda snapped something in my car, basically front left of my car is making knocking noises, as i speed up it becomes constant, i searched on the web and people that had similar problem was saying it "tie-rod ends and your stabilizer bar endlinks." Change sway bar bushes OR struts and strut tops...

Im thinking of taking it to horse power factory to get checked out but i have a feeling they will charge overpriced..

anyone know of this problem as well a merchanic that might be able to fix it ?

Silly question but are all the lug nuts on the wheels on tight?

Sent from my HTC One X

Are you parked outside a brothel?

Forgive me - I couldn't resist that!

How many kms on the car? I don't follow your "as I speed up it becomes constant" as this suggest it is in fact variable.

Is it affected by variable road surface. Suspension noises will be worse over more variable surfaces and may subside on smooth surfaces.

Is it a knock or a click? CV joints should not be discounted, esp if you or a previous owner has launched hard.

The previous suggestion is also valid - check wheel nuts.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 31-03-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

haha, all good, nah its all fixed, i took my car for a service at Horsepower factory and they switched my tyres around coz fronts got bold... while they were checking other shit guess they forgot to tighten something.

anyways they fixed it no charge

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Are you parked outside a brothel?

Forgive me - I couldn't resist that!

How many kms on the car? I don't follow your "as I speed up it becomes constant" as this suggest it is in fact variable.

Is it affected by variable road surface. Suspension noises will be worse over more variable surfaces and may subside on smooth surfaces.

Is it a knock or a click? CV joints should not be discounted, esp if you or a previous owner has launched hard.

The previous suggestion is also valid - check wheel nuts.

Good luck!

ask for a free wheel alignment

Haha so they forgot to tighten a wheel. I have done that once before hense why I asked, Its a very alarming thudding sound

The mind boggles. Buggers like that can kill you! Glad they weren't working on my plane when I had it! You can't pull over and stop at 10,000'.

Can tune the fastest "stock turbo" MPS *insert Clarkson voice here* In the.....world

Can't tighten wheel nuts

All jokes aside, glad its sorted before something serious happened

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Can tune the fastest "stock turbo" MPS *insert Clarkson voice here* In the.....world

Can't tighten wheel nuts

All jokes aside, glad its sorted before something serious happened
    Alcam designed lug nuts
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........