User Tag List

Thread: New MPS 3 owner from the Coast

1. Default New MPS 3 owner from the Coast

Hi guys, Westy here, I am from the Central Coast NSW, Metal Fabricator & Fitter by trade, bought the wife a MPS3 last weekend as she has liked them for years, picked up an 07 for $14,500, one owner that is immaculate, and was owned by a IT guy in his 40's, car is basically stock besides a Mazdaspeed CAI. It has upgraded engines mounts and has just had the VVt actuators replaced with better ones along with timing chain etc, Before buying it i had never driven a MPS3 and didn't know much about them but now i have driven one i am in love, such a fun, fast and good looking car, even made a VE SS-V cry last night as he thought his tank was a v8sc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	16059 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3i.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	16060
    Last edited by Westy82; 28-03-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Good buy . Welcome!

Welcome mate, she looks in pretty good nick! How many k's has it done? They're an addictive little car

Sent from my LG-P716 using Tapatalk

4. Default

Cheers guys, she has done 120ks, a lot was freeway ks, full service history and receipts, i went to buy one in Sydney before this and it was supposed to be immaculate, when i got there it had a hit on the front bar, a dint and scratch on every panel, when it started up it sounded like an old 2.6 ltr astron magna motor, both engine mounts were gone, i took the oil filler cap off and it had carbon build up inside, bald front tyres and the guy who owned it was not there his mate showed me it for him and i asked why was he selling it and he informed me he has lost his license, he was a Red P plater caught doing burnouts and speeding 80ks over and driving a prohibited vehicle, so i am guessing it has been a tad flogged, i was surprised with insurance that they would not insure it for under $20k.

Haha, it's amazing what some people's interpretation of immaculate is!

Sent from my LG-P716 using Tapatalk

Looks like you found a great car, you may find yourself driving it more then your wife! Congrats!

7. Default

yes i have already found that is the case Rob, everytime i drive it i am so tempted to put the foot down, coming from a 2006 turbo diesel rodeo 4x4 you can understand my excitement, at this stage my license is perfect.

How long before you go full MPS driveway

Hi and welcome , good pick up

hi mate welcome to the forum! Saw this car advertised when i was looking for mine. Great clean car

11. Default

nice car and welcome.