User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS DP installation

Default Mazda 6 MPS DP installation

Hey guys does anyone know someone in Hurstvile, Tempe, Kogarah area who can fit my downpipe in a reasonable price?
    I asked best mufflers and the price range that I got it wasnt very encouraging :-)
    Thanks

out of interest.. what price did you get ? im going to go down this path soon so a heads up will be good!

also wat DP did you get? and how much>

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    out of interest.. what price did you get ? im going to go down this path soon so a heads up will be good!

also wat DP did you get? and how much>
    600-800 dollars for fitting...Because those 5 bolts are a nightmare to remove.
    I will get the M2 downpipe from ultrarev. 220USD including delivery. There is another one on ebay who sells it for 185USD including delivery and they have the same part number
    Last edited by jnin; 20-03-2014 at 11:29 AM.

600 bux .. wtf dont some places do cat back exhaust for 1000 ??

Not $600. 600 to 800 bux...You can find a whole cat back system with less than 1000 dollars.
    I just need someone who can do a reasonable "down to Earth" prices. Thats all

If its a 6 you have to pay through the nose for work on it. Place I sent it to quoted $200 ("Should be easy we do tonnes of WRXs") to put in a whole turbo back system I supplied them with. Two days and $400+ later they had finally figured out how to do it. In fairness to them though the owner called me up end of the first day and told me about how much trouble they were having and said that he would cap pricing then and there and just get the job done. Not to say its the best way to do it but they disconnected the DP and tried to drop it out the bottom and it wouldnt fall out, so they tried to pull it out the top and it didnt fit there either so from memory they had to unbolt and shift the turbo to get it out. Its a real bastard of a job from what I hear.

I know I heard that too that its a bitch to remove it, because of the tight space and bolts, but by removing the alternator gives you more room to play with. Also some people have cut the bolts...Dont know about that though :-)
    I ve read some guys in MSF doing it by themselves in their garage so I dont know...600-800 dollars sounds supernatural to me...

fark i dun wana pay 800 for that shit

I know mate me too...Its a ridiculous amount to replace a downpipe

I'm lucky, getting mine done on sat in SA for $300 fixed price even if it takes longer than they are expecting. Can imagine they will change their price later lol

True mate very lucky!
    The actual problem will be those stupid bolts how can you remove them without breaking/cutting them...

As long the o2 sensor comes out, don't get caught out and get a nasty surprise.

Yes its this sensor as well... :-)

I was browsing for the down pipe and I found this...
    Stainless Steel Exhaust Downpipe Mazda 05 06 07 Mazdaspeed 6 2.3L Turbo, View DOWNPIPE , Product Details from Ningbo Jiangbei Giga Import&Export Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
    Out of curiosity I spoke to the guy...Minimum order is 34 downpipes so I need another 33 people who want to buy a down pipe... :-P
    Now I don't know if its true but he told me that Porsche Australia buys from him and Total MPS in UK. I had a quick look on their site and they look a bit big and legit
    Maybe we should think again about our expensive aftermarket parts we are buying from automotive companies for "top" quality?
    Oh and price was 50-60 dollars (each down pipe) plus delivery of course...Feel free to ask him. I originally found him on alibaba.com
    Last edited by jnin; 22-03-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Im in dude

Nice...32 to go...Maybe we should do it group buy? :-)

Post it on the fb page.. easy.. for under 100 bux im sure u will get alot of interest

I need to ask that guy how much postage will be and if its bolt on or if it needs modifications to fit it

Don't forget, you'll need to get a cat welded in

Why? Cant I leave it carless?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast