User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS DP installation

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Thanks Fizzy
    Any broken bolts while removing it?
    I gave it a real good hit with both WD40 and freeze-n-release. (give the bolt a good 15 second hit of freeze-n-release before you hit it). Used some decent socket on it, breaker bar, lent some pressure on it till it cracked. Few pulled the studs from the turbo, but nothing broke.

Expect the rear heat shielding to cut you up a bit though, right PITA...
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Thanks
    The more I talk about it and get opinions the more I am keen to do it
    Maybe I try to remove the heat shields this weekend and see how am I going to do it

Thanks
    The more I talk about it and get opinions the more I am keen to do it
    Maybe I try to remove the heat shields this weekend and see how am I going to do it
    Off memory the heat shielding in the engine bay has 10mm bolts, get some ratchet spanners or you will be there your entire life trying to get them off. Also track down the weather shield removal to make your life even easier (actually start with that step, will make everything else a billion times easier, then its just remove top mount, remove heat shielding, like 10 bolts holding the DP together and onto turbo / exhaust, and job done, see, easy ).

Will also need a proper o2 sensor socket to get the wideband off (and remember be careful so you don't damage it, sh!t aint cheap).
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

I ve found a test pipe in a very good price but for an MPS3. Does anyone know if it will fit on the MPS6?
    Link to this very good price?

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    Off memory the heat shielding in the engine bay has 10mm bolts, get some ratchet spanners or you will be there your entire life trying to get them off. Also track down the weather shield removal to make your life even easier (actually start with that step, will make everything else a billion times easier, then its just remove top mount, remove heat shielding, like 10 bolts holding the DP together and onto turbo / exhaust, and job done, see, easy ).

Will also need a proper o2 sensor socket to get the wideband off (and remember be careful so you don't damage it, sh!t aint cheap).
    Well if its easy you can come over and help me out! :-p I will offer plenty of cold beer and pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Link to this very good price?

Sent from my HTC One X
    It was an ebay seller from US. He had an MPS3 cat which he had removed the internals with the crowbar (he is the one who told me to do the same thing on mine).
    Next cheap proper test pipe that that I found is from protege garage for 165 dollars delivered but the difference is 40 dollars less than the M2 DP
    http://www.protegegarage.com/1361-sl...zdaspeed6.html

It was an ebay seller from US. He had an MPS3 cat which he had removed the internals with the crowbar (he is the one who told me to do the same thing on mine).
    Next cheap proper test pipe that that I found is from protege garage for 165 dollars delivered but the difference is 40 dollars less than the M2 DP
    http://www.protegegarage.com/1361-sl...zdaspeed6.html
    Don't buy from PG
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Why?

Why?
    Because it's not worth the effort of constantly chasing them up

I see...Thanks for letting me know

With the test pipe can I use stage 2 maps in AP?

Default Mazda 6 MPS DP installation

With the test pipe can I use stage 2 maps in AP?
    Yes! Providing you have all the other requirements

Nice! :-)
    Got the parts from best mufflers today and I will weld on Saturday...

FYI guys,

I recently did my own dp and exhaust manifold, yes $800 is not unreasonable for install as it is a big arse shit job, no need to undo engine mounts, or altinator but it may help I also took my turbo out, all with just a set of ramps its not an I possible job but you will need lots of different tools to get into all the shit places. Dp comes off through the top and yes definatly take off all the heat shrouds, the wiper housing doesn't need to be removed I don't think it would give you any extra space . not bolt snapped just a lot of fiddly take spanner turn 1/16 of a turn take off and do it again in Places to tight for a ratchet spanner. Hope this gives some kind of idea what is involved, if you have any questions feel free to ask

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234