User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS DP installation

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    For now I will stay stock turbo...Will the test pipe give a noticeable difference?
    I'd say 90% of the gains of a catted dp for much less cost...

If you scroll to the bottom here:
    http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index....page=page&id=2
    There's people with intake, test pipe, hpfp, e85 tune who are making just as much power as people with full catless 3" exhaust + fmic
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Good stuff...The test pipe is easy to fit it and doesnt cost an arm and leg...
    Is it legit?

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Good stuff...The test pipe is easy to fit it and doesnt cost an arm and leg...
    Is it legit?
    What do you mean by "legit"? It is an actual thing...
    You have 2 cats in the DP standard, this replaces the second one with a straight bit of pipe...
    From what I've read, can be swapped out in a back yard in under an hour

If you mean legal, no, it isn't... But it's easy enough to swap back if need be.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Sorry legal I meant
    Thanks. Does anyone sells them in Australia?

http://www.corksport.com/corksport-p...zdspeed-6.html
    Or ask an exhaust shop if they'll do it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks brother! :-)

Whats the diameter of the exhaust pipe? 2.75" or 2.5"?

Interesting DIY...
    Built A Custom Test Pipe - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
    You can probably put the heat shields on the catless DP ;-)

I ve found a test pipe in a very good price but for an MPS3. Does anyone know if it will fit on the MPS6?

im lurking this thread as im still deciding on a 6, but i did my corksport dp on my 3 (catless, no issues for years from cops or cel) and i thought the 6 has more room so im thinking its a bit easier (or maybe im hoping it is if i do get a 6)

I had a look last night under the bonnet on how to do it and it doesnt look easy at least to me who doesnt have much experience. So I searched online and I found some instructions from CP-e and corksport I think.
    One of them suggesting removing the alternator, the exhaust header, loosen a couple engine mounts. The other one was suggesting loosen only the 2 engine mounts and be careful when you remove the downpipe so you dont scratch the firewall
    Last edited by jnin; 26-03-2014 at 08:49 AM.

I removed exhaust manifold and that was it. I think alternator etc just to make it a bit easier. Can you pm the links

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

There you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

I also was toying with the idea of doing it myself but glad I didn't as the place that installed it for me on Sat took nearly 6 hours to get it done, they said the problem with the cp-e instructions is they are based on a left hand drive car, but with ours being RHD there are other things in the way. Most people say DIY is achievable but from my readings you would want a lot of spare time and patience.

I did read one tip about removing the windshield wiper cowling to make extra room. And on mazdaspeedforums someone posted how they did theirs on a right hand drive vehicle by dropping the subframe : THE EASY DOWNPIPE CHANGE - Mazdaspeed Forums

Subframe? you need hoist etc.
    Where did you get yours to get it fitted and how much did you pay for fitting?

Someone just told me to remove the second catalyst and break the internals with a crowbar...
    Its an option... :-)

If you are really bodgy. Its an old trick that doesn't really work as good as removing it completely and properly

I believe that too but I wouldn't mind trying it though if I had a spare cat

Going back a few posts, the 6 is harder than the 3 as the transfer box is in the way.

I did it without removing the alternator or touching any engine mounts.

EASIEST trick is to search MSF for the instructions to remove the weather shielding bit at the back of the engine bay. It takes about 10 minutes, and opens up another 4-5 inches of top space, soooooo much easier to get to things (once you get the shielding off the back of the engine bay, that was the trickiest bit).

Just make sure car is jacked up a bit as the DP will come in through the bottom.
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Thanks Fizzy
    Any broken bolts while removing it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast