User Tag List

Thread: CorkSport HPFP internals

Default CorkSport HPFP internals

Ok, So the time has come for yet another HPFP internal kit to be fitted to another forum members MPS3! Now thats nothing new I know but this time the upgrade will be done using CorkSports Max Flow HPFP internals.

CORKSPORT MZR DISI MAX Flow Fuel Pump Internals | CorkSport Mazdaspeed HPFP

After conversation with @DD3 in regards to all HPFP internal options Dan agreed to giving the CorkSport option a go in His very tidy gen1 MPS3 as the next upgrade following VVT repair work and the addition of a JBR SRI.

I recieved the CorkSport package in the post today (Thanks @LittleredMPS ) The package was quickly opened as you could imagine! I haven't been this excited since I had my new CS exhaust system on the lounge room floor and having extreme food poisoning at the same time!To say the least "WOW"!!! Even SURE cant package this well!

If looking like an assasain while installing HPFP internals is cool...well...YOU'RE dead!

So the packaging is impressive and above professional but what else sets this aside from the other HPFP internals? The only other internals I have personally fitted are Autotech's option which so far has been a reliable option, packaged in a nice little box and comprising of not many parts leaving you wondering what you paid for. As the above the link states, you also get some nice little tools to help with installation (not everything you need to complete the whole job), A midget flash drive, access to OTS maps (at a cost I think) and a nice sealed inventry but, apart from manufacturing differences the kit also includes an upgraded spring! Assuming this is deliberate this may have been an oversight by the other HPFP internal manufacturers and hopefully for Corksport a definitive move setting this HPFP upgrade as the best alternative.

Future posts to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	16022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	16023  
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 14-03-2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

The upgraded spring and the use of the OEM spring keeper is what I really liked about the Corksport HPFP. I know Corksport had some issues with their early units but from what I've read they did a good job with sorting out everyone who was affected. Looking forward to getting it installed.

3. Default

I'm currently running the Corksport HPFP and so far no issues what so ever. Using the AP to monitor fuel pressure and all looks good so far.
    Love that they were designed for the DISI motor too.

What are the advantages over autotech if any?

That would be a question for @CorkSport to answer.

My take ATM is the supplied spring which I assume helps with the pumping element maintaining contact with the cam lobes preventing a "float" situation. Which if that's the case that's an extra win.

Would need to be a lot more guinea pigs and real world benifits over autotech not just a sales pitch from CS before I would take the plunge .
    Last edited by chef; 16-03-2014 at 12:18 PM.

See what corksport have to say.

Previously autotech was the choice by default really, hate to say it but in a forum dominated by tight arses autotech being cheaper than cp-e's whole pump was always going to make it a winner.

In an old thread I gave a member a mouth full, I was unable to share training media from my employer to explain what I couldn't in words. The reason for wanting to share the media was to give everyone the concept of pressure,time and flow areas.

It has always been in the back of mind that the internal upgrades which increased piston diameter could still be masking a problem that was evident in oem system, leaving cp-e as the best option in fuel pump upgrades in my opinion.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    That would be a question for @CorkSport to answer.

My take ATM is the supplied spring which I assume helps with the pumping element maintaining contact with the cam lobes preventing a "float" situation. Which if that's the case that's an extra win.
    That is it.

-Derrick

@DD3 has had his kit installed! A little more detail in assembly with this kit but nothing majorly complicated, special attention to seating the tappet all the way home is the key.

10. Default

Has mine installed for awhile now, haven't noticed any real impact either positive or negative. Fuel pressure seems consistent with what I see most autotechs putting out. Only thing I haven't noticed is any noises created by it which some guys with autotechs complain of.