User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust pipe diameter question

Default Exhaust pipe diameter question

Hi guys
    I am thinking of replacing my downpipe to catless downpipe (God help me from what I ve read from others who have tried it).
    Can someone please tell me whats the OD/ID of the stock pipe? 2.25" or 2.75"? The downpipe that I will buy its 3" so I will need a reducer/adapter.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Hi guys
    I am thinking of replacing my downpipe to catless downpipe (God help me from what I ve read from others who have tried it).
    Can someone please tell me whats the OD/ID of the stock pipe? 2.25" or 2.75"? The downpipe that I will buy its 3" so I will need a reducer/adapter.
    Thanks
    Most aftermarket downpipes (ATP, COBB, etc) have flanges / gaskets that allow them to match the stock exhaust. If in doubt email the producer or the seller.

I went through the same thing with my DP: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...-mid-pipe.html
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 12-03-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

What car? What downpipe? Most downpipes are stock flanged and will bolt to the stock catback exhaust.
    Gen 2 is 2.5" to the muffler.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    What car? What downpipe? Most downpipes are stock flanged and will bolt to the stock catback exhaust.
    Gen 2 is 2.5" to the muffler.

Sorry mate Mazda 6 MPS. I will go with the M2 performance downpipe from Ultrarev

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    Sorry mate Mazda 6 MPS. I will go with the M2 performance downpipe from Ultrarev
    Catless? You welding a cat in?

I will leave it catless
    Last edited by jnin; 12-03-2014 at 11:43 PM.