User Tag List

Thread: cobb stage 2 OTS vs e-tune

1. Default cobb stage 2 OTS vs e-tune

hey guys, I have an 06' Mazda 6 MPS, just curious to anyone who has done similar to me and maybe gotten a proper tune done (i currently am running COBB stage 2 OTS)

power wise I have installed: Cp-e HPFP, Corksport stage 2 power FMIC with SRI, Corksport power series DP, Highflow Race cat, CBE Dual exhaust. denso irridium spark plugs.

AAny assistance or advice would be great!! it runs and sounds awsome now but i feel like its got more to give and its running AFR of 9.0 at time of full boost/load.....bit rich?

Cobb virtual dyno from a 4th gear pull 2000rpm to 6500rpm was 242.7WHP and 293.1 (ft/lb i think?)

Sounds like you have a boost leak... AFR should be in the 11.8-11.6 range, check your connections on the fmic

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You sure you don't have a boost leak? AFR @ 9 is rich, even by COBB OTS standards...

And yes, anything with be better than COBB OTS. With those mods, a custom tune will wake it right up.

^^^ See above comments, find leak (if there is one) and then get a E-Tune

With your amount of mods you might want to look into a tune to suit them, rather then a generic one that might suit.

The money I spent on a E-Tune I would have saved in fuel (my car drank heavily on the OTS maps!) and it had great power delivery and drive-ability.

5. Default

thanks guys for the advice, time to start leak hunting, and an e-tune will be in the works

really appreciate the help!

6. Default

fixed what i could and got AFR upto 10.3 at its lowest so better then 9.0 :P thanks guys that saved me a lot of embarrassment and time for the tune.

10.3 still a bit low for OTS.

As sarcastic said, targets for S2 are much leaner. My OTS2 (gen 2) hovers around 11.6 on wot above 3000. Sounds like something is wrong. If you have checked all connections and done a leak test, maybe post a log and some members can have a look?

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by qldMS6 View Post
    fixed what i could and got AFR upto 10.3 at its lowest
    Is it consistently 10.3 at WOT or does it mearly hit 10.3 at one point in the pull? As above; a LOG would be helpful.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

10. Default

Hey it is only peaking down to 10.3 at moments but mostly now sitting between 11.2 and 11.7 since i did my leak hunting (up from 10.6-10.9 avg.) RAYD has kindly offered his services and i think a tune that way will sort the rest of my issues out.

thanks again guys, I'll be sure to post my results with the tuning

11. Default

Hey guys!, so tuning is all done and the difference is amazing! Thanks to RAYD for a great job and alot of helpful advice heres a comparrison of the stage 2 OTS map to my new map

I must add we discovered abit of a tired turbo, contributing to the loss of boost at later rpm...but one day ill replace that :P. Despite this issue the drivability of the car and the way it gets power on is outstandingly better . thanks for the help guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stage 2 OTS vs Etune.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	16124  

Huge difference, your torque seams very high for a shagged turbo though

Don't think it's so much the turbo...
    Unless you've seen an actual drop in air flow, I think something else is up past 5500rpm... Guessing a knock prone motor which means you can't run as much ignition timing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk