User Tag List

Thread: New mps owner!!

Default New mps owner!!

Hi guys my name is David and I just bought myself an awesome 2007 Mazda 6 mps in snowflake white. Great ride so far, only one concern is that i bought it with new pedders shocks and suspension which is great for performance.

However the car has been lowered with custom 19" BBOSS wheels. And i live on a dirt road which has occasional pot holes,bumps and rocks. I was almost in tears driving this beautiful beast up my dirt road drive way hearing it scratch underneath and rocks hitting the bottom of the car. My question is what can i do to prevent this and how can i fix it? i have been reading articles on raising the car. Body lift? Suspension lift? Can it be done easily at home with friend who knows a fair amount about Mazda 6 mps's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

welcome!

you wana swap suspension?

Easy and cheap way....swap skeetskeet for stock height suspension.

Sent from my HTC One X

totally agree

Congrats on the new car! Unless you go all 4wd style, you will probably still have rocks flying up (I lived on a farm when I got my 3, so I know your pain ha ha). How low is it? Pics? If it's crazy low, you could probably avoid some scraping by changing to stock suspension, or aftermarket with a more moderate drop (either springs and shocks or coilovers). If it's more comfort you are after, selling the 19s and getting some 18" wheels with bigger sidewalls should help with the bumping and clunking down the road :S

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

hahha show me ur 19's

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    hahha show me ur 19's
    Now you're just looting! ha ha

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Default pics

this is my car with the 19s
    this is the car at its lowered state. i need the car higher because of where i live. The pedders suspension is pretty much new
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize1.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	16002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rezise-2.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	16003  

Hi and welcome... you want to compare roads/driveways lol...

haha ,

wheels look noice but not what im looking for .. i want white ones or normal ones that i can spray / plasti white. i wouldnt want to do that to those rims! they look nice as silver..

as for suspension.. i dont mind swapping to be honest but im not that confident doinng it .. and dont want to pay some one to do it....
    thoughts?

lol skeetskeet i was never going to sell my 19" bad boys. i get horny just by looking at them. True story.
    ok well we will figure something out

Nice looking ride, welcome - you in Vic?? Too bad skeetskeet got in, i need a lower suspension!!

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

haha do you know how to do suspension ? i dont mind driving to you... im in syd. says your in newcastle?

- - - Updated - - -

haha do you know how to do suspension ? i dont mind driving to you... im in syd. says your in newcastle?