User Tag List

Thread: Cobb rmm vs cs rmm

Default Cobb rmm vs cs rmm

has anyone got the corksport RMM or Cobb RMM installed on their MPS?

I just want peoples opinion on either.

I was going towards the CS coz it has 70 duro (as i don't want much NVH).

any thoughts?

man up and get a JBR solid RMM.

I destroyed my CP-e RMM in about a year and a bit

what duro was ur CP-e one?

Think it was 70, cant remember what i ended up getting

Been running the @CorkSport race RMM with the 70 duro for about 5 months and all through the Brisbane summer.
    Very comfortable vibes wise (ie hardly notice that any vibes), even with AC on most of the time.
    I upgraded from an unSURE and it feels like ive gone back to stock vibes wise but with the solid feel of an upgraded RMM.
    Will be trying the 80 duro inserts soon and i can report back then.

That's cool. I wanted something that didn't rattle my whole car but still felt solid. I might consider the corksport rmm

Let me know how the 80 duro goes.

8. Default

Cobb RMM (80 duro): It took about 1000km to "break in" after that you only get a bit of noticeable vibration at idle when the AC compressor is on.
    The Cobb RMM is top notch design/engineering, much better than others I've seen in that price range.
    It has completely transformed the way the car handles and gets the power to the ground. IMO it should be the first mod done on an MPS.
    There is a little more NVH in the cabin in general but I find it sporty feeling and quite welcome (in the same way extra sound/volume from a sports exhaust is).
    You don't get something for nothing... it's all a trade-off
    vader: black 2010 mps3
    exterior: vg shark fin, lakin rego plate kit, black tints
    matte black grill+fog lights, corksport smoked rear led's
    handling: cobb rear engine mount+shifter weight, corksport gearbox mount
    jbr rear sway bar+shifter bushes, eibach springs, spc rear camber arms
    rollers: tsw nurburgring 19x8.5 et45, muteki nuts, hankook s1 evo2 235x35/19
    stoppers: dba slotted rotors, ebc green stuff pads
    engine: cobb ap v2 - stage 1 (98ron), itv22 plugs,
    jbr egr block off, tb coolant bypass

Quote Originally Posted by checkbuzz View Post
    Cobb RMM (80 duro): It took about 1000km to "break in" after that you only get a bit of noticeable vibration at idle when the AC compressor is on.
    The Cobb RMM is top notch design/engineering, much better than others I've seen in that price range.
    It has completely transformed the way the car handles and gets the power to the ground. IMO it should be the first mod done on an MPS.
    There is a little more NVH in the cabin in general but I find it sporty feeling and quite welcome (in the same way extra sound/volume from a sports exhaust is).
    You don't get something for nothing... it's all a trade-off
    awesome. thanks for that! is your cobb RMM 80 or 85 duro? i haven't seen an 80 in stock before.

CPE stage 2 , no vibes and no more missing 3rd

I have a jbr 70 duro rmm in my mps, and the vibes are definitely there. Enough to cause dash rattles when taking off in 1st or getting caught at too low rpm in any gear.

Its fine as soon as you get above that initial just off idle range where it vibrates its guts out, but a lot of my driving is stop start so I have had enough of it, its getting binned in favour for the e-focus mount. Getting sick of starting off in first with high rpms to avoid the vibey zone.

3000km on the mount, and I have taken it out and reinstalled it using a torque wrench. Re-installation did help but its still annoying as hell in traffic.

Yes, the improvement to the car was immense but now I'm prepared to trade off a lot of that for some peace and quiet, and no dash rattles!!

Not sure if the rattles are related to how old the car is but i literally just drove home in my 2012 after installing the CS RMM and i couldn't feel any vibrations at all....even had the ac on. There might have been the tiniest bit of vibration on my gear knob but nothing noticeable unless you think about it. And i def agree that the RMM change is a crazy improvement.......more so than the Whiteline RSB imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SuPeRVeGeTa View Post
    Not sure if the rattles are related to how old the car is but i literally just drove home in my 2012 after installing the CS RMM and i couldn't feel any vibrations at all....even had the ac on. There might have been the tiniest bit of vibration on my gear knob but nothing noticeable unless you think about it. And i def agree that the RMM change is a crazy improvement.......more so than the Whiteline RSB imo.
    nice! I've heard nothing but good things about the CS RMM in terms of NVH. i like my comfort too lol

14. Default

Grow some balls and get JBR trilogy!!lol On a serious note, I am running CS race RMM and its great. I honestly cant tell the difference in NVH. Also make sure to get the CS inserts for tranny.. perfect combination. I'll will be putting my CS inserts on sale soon and As I have grown a beard and need to man up with stronger mounts.