User Tag List

Thread: Ceika cheap custom coilovers

Default Ceika cheap custom coilovers

Hi all,

I've found this company called Ceika.
    These guys build coilovers and brake kits to your specifications. Catch is they are made in Taiwan which may or may not be an indication of quality.

Price delivered to Adelaide for the base model is $1850 with 12 months warranty. They do a set with external reservoirs too.

Anyone dealt with these guys before? Wouldn't mind some input before I hand over my cash.
    I understand that they probably wont last as long as H&R's but I probably wont own the car when they crap out.

Cheers
    If its got tits or wheels...it'll be nothing but trouble!

i have seen them also. and had mates deal with them. but to be honest their pricing puts them far out of the reach of already tied and proven (and cheaper) options already available.

Sorry I made a typo.
    The price I meant to say was $1180 delivered.

$200 more you can get tried and proven Teins

Isnt bc coil under 1k and they are also made in taiwan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Isnt bc coil under 1k and they are also made in taiwan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    yes and yes

Any particular reason you want coilovers? A good spring and shock combo (eg bilstein and eibach) might be a better option than base model imported coilovers for a similar or better price? Just throwing it out there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I like to do a bit of ameture racing and hill climbing so would benefit from adjustable shocks. Also, I have some lowered king springs but am not happy with the ride height.
    I understand there would be a difference in performance between these and the quality european items but having never owned a set before I may be being a little naive to expect the cheaper ones to be sufficient for non competitive racing.
    Thoughts?
    I almost bought a set of b8's to go with my current springs but pulled out due to the lack of adjustment. I have purchased all nolathane bushes for the front end including those fro camber and caster adjustment. I guess I just want to set the car up really well but don't have the budget for the better coils.
    If its got tits or wheels...it'll be nothing but trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Pringle View Post
    I like to do a bit of ameture racing and hill climbing so would benefit from adjustable shocks. Also, I have some lowered king springs but am not happy with the ride height.
    I understand there would be a difference in performance between these and the quality european items but having never owned a set before I may be being a little naive to expect the cheaper ones to be sufficient for non competitive racing.
    Thoughts?
    I almost bought a set of b8's to go with my current springs but pulled out due to the lack of adjustment. I have purchased all nolathane bushes for the front end including those fro camber and caster adjustment. I guess I just want to set the car up really well but don't have the budget for the better coils.
    Bit off topic but where did you have the camber bushes installed? Am due to pick up some superpro bushes on Friday so will be looking to have them installed sometime soon.

Cheers
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Those bc's are a good price!
    I'm borrowing my dad's press this weekend with the view to fit my own bushes in a couple of weeks. You are welcome to use it.
    I was happy with the alignment done at pedders in Modbury last time. The owner Paul knows what he's doing so I'll be going there once all parts are fitted.

nolathane is rubbish. take 'em back if you can and get whiteline or superpro. nolathane are just fancy oem replacements that turn powdery after 3 years.

Really? I thought that about superpro. Aren't they the same material but different colour? I'm not expecting them to last forever but with maintenance they should last a while???
    Can't take them back as I bought them online and not worth the shipping cost.

different colour and different material.

So after all of this I bought a set of B8's from GSL Rally sport.

Let us know how you like the B8 when you install them!

You won't be unhappy. Sorry, did you get springs as well? If you got Kings, I think you'll like the drop, plus it's a firm ride but handles pretty crappy roads really well.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I already have low king springs. Looking forward to receiving them. I'll let you know how they go!

that'll improve the ride and cornering if previous was kings springs and stock shocks.