User Tag List

Thread: Yellow Sticker Inspection

1. Default Yellow Sticker Inspection

Hey guys,

Well, got a nice new mod to the car this morning, bright yellow defect sticker. Got pulled over on the freeway in the middle of rush hour, so that was embarrassing.

Tint is way dark, cop tested it and it was only around 17% VLT. That's how I bought the car a couple of weeks ago but now i have to get the tint pulled off and then inspected at the pits.

I assume the pit inspector will go through the car and not just test the window tint. My question is, i have a SRI with an exposed filter, a recirc BOV and an aftermarket TMIC. They stand out like dogs balls in the engine bay cause they're shiny/polished and/or blue.

Does anyone reckon these will be a problem?

Thanks!

Recirc bpv and tmic should give you no issues
    Not sure on laws about pod filters in WA... Some states they just have to be secured, others boxed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. Default

Ironic thing is i have an Corksport airbox to enclose the filter, but it doesn't fit. On the website, Corksport state the airbox fits only the 06 model not the 07 model because of the position of the cold pipe on the intercooler. I have a September built 06 model but it has the 07 spec cold pipe, Mazda must have made the change to the cold pipe in late 06.

I hope the exposed filter is ok, I have an 06 cold pipe coming in but it won't be here for a couple of weeks. Cop only gave 2 weeks on the sticker.

Can you reconnect the original intake onto the corksport tip? If that fits, I imagine it would only be a 10 minute swap over, then swap back after the inspection...

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

jokes aside, get some kind of plastic box , paint it black or if its already black great. cover the pod , try and make it look like its like that ( mount it some where?)

or do what Lachlan said

6. Default

Thanks for the suggestions guys. In case anyone is interested, car passed with all mods. Obviously tint was taken off but a permit was given for the filter after inspection. Unboxed filters are apparently ok as long as it's properly secured. Think the inspector was a bit surprised to see an intercooler in the engine bay.

Good solid info on the pod filter. Are you in NSW?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Good solid info on the pod filter. Are you in NSW?
    Profile says WA
    I believe NSW is boxed and QLD is just secured

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

NSW is boxed and secured as Sam said