User Tag List

Thread: stalling issue

Default stalling issue

Hi everone my 3 stalls under load its pretty random doesnt happen all the time but its frustrating .I have cleaned the MAF ive got Corksport sri . Hypertech and rest all stock any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

doubt its got anything to do with the SRI or Hypertech. Do you have a AP or torque app to check out what the car's doing? From my limited knowledge, for a car to stall, its either lack of fuel (fuel pump or injector) or no charge in battery.

no i dont have an Ap or torque app. it doesnt stall completely .It happened again last night as i was turning a corner i put my foot down it seems to loose power completely as i take my foot off and try again it seems fine could it maybe loosing boost somehow .Shes a 2007 and only done 36k and driven hard very rarely

Sounds like it could be either spark plugs or fuel pump...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is it stuttering or properly stalling? My spark plugs are fkd, I'm about to downsize the gap today to try and fix but I get stuttering at WOT.. Does sound a bit like my issue.

It was stuttering a bit then i cleaned the MAF . Not properly stalling i think if i left my foot down it probably would but it seems like there is no power until you back off the accelerator then its fine.it does it more after a little bit of a spirited burst .

If it only happens when you are turning a corner it may be a SWAS cut.
    Have you tried disabling SWAS and trying again?

SWAS was a serious buzzkill in the MPS. Even more then the traction control, at least the TC limited the traction loss and not just cut power all power!!

hate to sound stupid guys what is SWAS and how do you disable it

Its a sensor that reduces your power if it sense that you are trying to gun it when its cornering. (a.k.a elec method of reducing understeer caused by too much power at corner)

1. Dodgy coil pack on its way out perhaps, used to get something similar on my rx8 which was notorious for eating coil packs. Didn't happen all the time either but eventually triggered a cel. It too Was triggered under load