User Tag List

Thread: 300,000km

Default 300,000km

In case you are all wondering how long a stock MPS with original motor can go for:

And car still runs great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00931-1.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	15915

How's the oil consumption between services?

Wow that's impressive, what repairs have you had done to it?

Good to see. I get sick of all the hype on blown motors. No reason on earth why a car shouldn't run that long as long as you don't flog it. I see a lot of engines blowing up that some wally has messed with. These are pretty sophisticated engines and the mechanically-challenged shouldn't be delving under the bonnets at all, from some of the horrible things I've seen and heard of being done.

@Doug_MPS6 - I agree with what youre saying, but can you give some examples of the bizarre things being done?

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Its using a fair bit of oil at the moment but i suspect its the PCV failing, no smoke or oil leaks, not sure where the oil goes but getting it checked at the next service, 70DDD it has not had much done to it, just regular Mazda services at Berwick Mazda, and suspensions have been replaced, also the engine mounts. P/S i don't thrash it, alwayes warm it before a drive, but I certainly drive it like a performance car is suppose to be driven

Yeah cool, mine is up to 180 000kms and finally has timing chain rattles so I thought I was having a good run lol

I totally agree with Doug, I get kind of annoyed when these engines get hyped up as being frail... they're not, keep your service regular, quality oils and preventitive maintenance... and if you dont know what you're doing, don't do it... there's no reason why they should rack-up 300k. Mazda make reliable cars.

Sorry i forgot to mention, i had to replace the oil chain, so i changed all the chains and vvt while at it.

WSBKII Hi - It's tough to name them all specifically now and it would involve quite a trawl. I do recall someone putting reamed out or oversize nuts on the exhaust studs BETWEEN the flanges on a MPS6 so as to hold the flanges apart and thus "make a bit more noise" - with photos. I see numerous really DUMB questions about all sorts of things that indicate a complete absence of any mechanical understanding at all, that seem to range from doing odd things with PCV's, wiring open waste gate controllers, putting spacers under the wheel studs to increase track, a recent one about removing weather strips at the rear of the bonnet, and so on. Wiring issues and the potential for short circuits and fires seem common too. I cringe when I read a lot of them and can only think "poor car"...
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 26-02-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18