User Tag List

Thread: ANOTHER gen1 front end knock thread....

Default ANOTHER gen1 front end knock thread....

Hey guise, as the title states my gen1 has a knock from the front end. I have changed the RMM for a COBB one, changed end links yesterday and yet the knock still exists. I went down to the local suspension shop and they had a look and found quite a bit of movement in my front lower control arm rear bushings...the fluid filled ones. I asked them to check out my swaybar D bushes and they said they couldn't see anything wrong but it is a possibility aswell. They seem convinced though the knocking is being caused by the lower control arm fluid filled bushings....can anyone shed any light on this? Has this happened to anyone else? They advised my to get some mazda 3 lower control arms from a wrecker and they can use those bushes and fit a polyurethane bush of theirs around the outside and fit to my MPS. He says he recalls having to do this once before. Any advice guys? Im gonna have my swaybar bushes replaced at the same time aswell. Thanks

Do the sway bar bush first, quick and cheap. You can't see any play in them even if they are rooted.
    Not saying the control arms aren't buggered, but trust me, just give the cheap fix a go first. Might just save you a whole lot of money.

P.S. *guys

Alright, i'll give it a go. Off to the suspension shop I go. Thanks

you dont need a whole control arm to replace the rear lower bush. it is easier to replace than the sway bar bushes.

you buy the whole bush and bracket as one, and it is 3 bolts/nuts to install. dunno what the suspension shop bloke was going on about.

what projectrracing said. If you end up wanting to replace the bushes, I've got some with superpro caster bushes installed for sale. Will save you getting a shop having to press them in and upgrades at the same time