User Tag List

Thread: Handling, suspension modifications questions

1. Default Handling, suspension modifications questions

does anyone have any info / tried the Kmac camber caster adjustable strut tops ? I had them on my old car and the improvement was dramatic what are peoples thoughts on increasing positive caster on the mps 3 for handling gains ?

are there aftermarket urethane bushes for the MPS 3 superpro, noltec etc
    how badly do they affect NVH ?

Hotchkis Vs Cobb Sway bars will the Hotchkis be a case of overbarring the MPS ? making it twitchy in cornering
    does the large increase in bar diameter / rate act to increase spring rates for the damper to control ?

Suspension mods i am considering eibach prokit springs Bilstein ? / Koni Yellow sports dampers ? Cobb ? / Hotchkis sways ? alignment -increased positive caster slight negative camber i DO NOT want excessive tyre wear more so now that i have costed new tyres

have in the past tried a lot of so called matched perfroamnce suspension kits and been dissapointed with results trial and error gets expensive

i got tein superstreet coilovers and cobb swaybars. handles pretty well i reckon. a lot better than before.

I personally wouldnt touch Kmac gear with a barge pole, I have had issues with them in the past.
    The Cobb sways are in fact manufactured by Hotchkis to their specs, there have been a few clearance issues with Hotchkis over the Cobbs, and the Hotchkis rear bar is probably overkill on its stiffest setting, I am running the Eibach springs + Cobb sways, the front sway is on the softer setting, the rear on the stiffer setting, handling is definately improved over the stock setup, the heavier set rear bar helps dial out a bit of that understeer.

I did have the Cobb rear bar (stiffest setting) with the stock front bar for about a week, and the car felt as though it was getting a bit too happy in the back, lift off snap oversteer would certainly be a big concern with this setup.

4. Default

thanks for that are there any probs downside other than clearance issues with he HOTCHKIS sways eg overly unpredictable handling in the wet etc

Koni yellows Vs Bilstein monotube vs twin gas pressurised vs not rebound adjustment v not

ive heard great things about coilovers but i am following the lead of some of the best handling road cars Porsche for eg who use springs dampers and sways alignment and admittedly wide sticky tires to acheive their exceptional handling