User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: paint stone chips - bonnet

order shipped! gluck every one

Got mine! Thanks v much for sorting out!!

Will be interesting to hear everyone's feedback on this product.

yea and any techniques you may have to make it better?

like that guy doing it on that youtube vid not with chipex but with paint. . drying with heat gun.. im thinkin of trying that for deeper chips... but only my thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    yea and any techniques you may have to make it better?

like that guy doing it on that youtube vid not with chipex but with paint. . drying with heat gun.. im thinkin of trying that for deeper chips... but only my thoughts!
    As per my earlier comment, this product failed dismally for me even after meticulously following the instructions and working with it very patiently...i think alot due to the opti-coat paint protection i have applied...here's hoping you guys have better success
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Mine arrived today!

Thanks for the GB!

Hope it works !

i hope i can get it TO "stick" and be a good to reasonable finish. i want it close to perfect.. then i am thinking of getting opti coat... if this chipex dont work ill prob respray my bonnet as its quite chipped
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    As per my earlier comment, this product failed dismally for me even after meticulously following the instructions and working with it very patiently...i think alot due to the opti-coat paint protection i have applied...here's hoping you guys have better success
    Mazda 6 MPS Velocity Red

CS REM +HDi FMIC+fmic water squirters + 3inch DP +Cat Back Exhaust + 3 inch TIP + Corksport airbox +Corksport MAF housing +K&N Pod +
    BNR S2 + cobb EBCS + 3 bar Map sensor +Cobb APv2 - custom tune
    Lenso dc6 wheels in gloss white + rear sway bar + TT diff mounts+ lowered on ISC coilovers

Got mine too, smaller than i hoped, will be doing it in a few weeks, and post how it goes

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

9. Default

got mine too during the week, thanks @skeetskeet, i'll give it a go tomorrow

yea i had a thought of a bigger bottle but seeing its only for specs say 50 on a car it seems to be ok .also i thought i gave us the small size but if you goto the site and check what contents you have its actually the big size ... raining here next few days will try this after that ...

im fulll edging to try this stuff!

progress :
    this is beforeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20140323_144939.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	16045Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140323_144941.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	16046
    Mazda 6 MPS Velocity Red

CS REM +HDi FMIC+fmic water squirters + 3inch DP +Cat Back Exhaust + 3 inch TIP + Corksport airbox +Corksport MAF housing +K&N Pod +
    Lenso dc6 wheels in gloss white + rear sway bar + TT diff mounts+ lowered on ISC coilovers

this is stage 1/3 after
    i stil need to apply the pearl stage 2 and polish . i might re apply the base red + pearl again to raise the level of the chip up a bit .. if it works like that !:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140323_150354.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	16047
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140323_150349.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	16048
    Mazda 6 MPS Velocity Red

looking good. seems like its working then

yea though after i did it i heard thunder and lightning and took the car for a quick spin to get the bonnet hot , then it started pouring down! but paint still sticking.. going to go home today and see if i can re apply the ground coat again , dry then pearl!

phew

Hey all. Im getting mostly good results.. few chips the paint wont stick in... but goin to try again tomorro. Also big ADVICE...DONT leave the chips in more then 24 hrs. I had to due to rain etc .. and the paint wouldnt come off with the blending solution... but i put more paint on it rubbed it around with the tiny brush and it came off phewwww!!!

16. Default

How's the Velocity Red looking with the 2 stage application?

Im going to finish it then tske some pics.. honestly the pearl isnt stickim as i would hope .. but its still alot better then what i started with ..im runnin out of brushes . blue cloth and blendin solution does any one need any thing? Thinkin of ordering some accessories... i have plenty of paint @allo80 but nothing else.... all used up

I did some today, the paint does not stick to minor scratches in the clear coat, so ill have to try and buff them out. The blending solution seems to be highly effective at dissolving the paint....so need to use it sparingly

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Yea dude i use like2 drops per chip .. but i have a tiny bit of it left...

any pics anyone?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast