User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: paint stone chips - bonnet

another update:

they say they cant do shipping cheaper then what it is on the website. im asking if we get a business address would that help..

if they cant send bulk to business address then i will need your addresses but will let you know!

well couldn't wait to give this a crack last night.....results...not so good i'm afraid. Step 1 (after cleaning the surface) touch-up went on and was a good match, Step 2 waited for paint to dry, then hit it with the cleaner to remove the paint residue...unfortunately all this did was remove ALL the paint i applied including the paint in the chip...basically it didn't want to bond permanently with any part of the surface...i'm wondering if this maybe due to the opti-coat treatment i have...i'd be interested in hearing Dan's view @Caffeine Fiend
    Last edited by LRRH; 04-03-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

I've been lurking on this thread to see the results, I've always been skeptical of touch up systems. This did perk my curiousity though, it would be curious to see what the opticoat did to interact with the touchup paint.

I usually do something very similar to this: Paint Chip Touch-up -- /DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube

so whos still interested??

Me

Sent from my HTC One X

there are some good extra tips on that vid... like the heat gun and the layering... im still going to purchase the chipex paint and use that with this vid and see what i get..

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    I've been lurking on this thread to see the results, I've always been skeptical of touch up systems. This did perk my curiousity though, it would be curious to see what the opticoat did to interact with the touchup paint.

I usually do something very similar to this: Paint Chip Touch-up -- /DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube
    Mazda 6 MPS Velocity Red

CS REM +HDi FMIC+fmic water squirters + 3inch DP +Cat Back Exhaust + 3 inch TIP + Corksport airbox +Corksport MAF housing +K&N Pod +
    BNR S2 + cobb EBCS + 3 bar Map sensor +Cobb APv2 - custom tune
    Lenso dc6 wheels in gloss white + rear sway bar + TT diff mounts+ lowered on ISC coilovers

What is the $AU cost at the moment?

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

we get the big kit @ the small kit price including delivery:

42.90 GBP =79.8812 AUD

After reading CelestialSpools comments, im out.

Pretty sure you can buy the paint from Mazda for $10 and try buy clear coat to do what the link Spooon's posted, did. Good find btw.

Thanks for doing the leg work though Skeetskeet.

tru that, who ever wanted this , please let me know if you still want to order .

Hmm, I might give it a miss at the moment. Thanks for putting this out there though @skeetskeet

Sent from my LG-P716 using Tapatalk

no prob. any one that still wants this , let me know im cancelling it until you guys contact me or you can go direct to chipex if you want .. i think we are under their 5 order threshold so yea.... :\

Ahhh dam, i'm still interested but if we can't get the 5 orders then oh well

i dont mind doing the order , but lets put you as order # 1 . if we get 5 im happy to do it

I'm in still

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

any one in Sydney want a 27a = velocity red ?
    im thinkin of sharing 1 bottle between 2.. its alot of paint and 80$ between 2 ppl sounds much better

Thanks so much for trying to organise this but after further thinking, I'm going to pull out. Sorry!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I still wouldn't mind giving it a go, but seems like numbers have dwindled !

20. Default

I'll park it for the time being. Thanks though

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast