User Tag List

Thread: Track day?

1. Default Track day?

Hi guys,

Do we have any track days/fun days etc?
    I have got a friend who has recently joined a club and regularly goes to tracks around in Victoria in the last 1-2 years (subaru WRX club I think, he has got a STI).
    Wonder if we do it here in victoria at all?
    I think Winton is not a bad one, anyone went there before?
    I think its ashame to have such a great car with great power, if it is without a place to have fun!

Lawrence

@dazza just bought a new diff he might be interested lol

We used to be a bit more active. Healesville/Black Spur runs, GOR etc. If only I had the money for a track day I'd be in! Driver Dynamics run a track day at Sandown Track Days | Driver Dynamics - Australia's #1 provider of Advanced and Defensive Driving Courses . Might have to put up the idea of a black spur run soon too...

Can you join your friend with the STI club?

If you organized a track day for our club and maybe a few others I like most would join in, $350 is not toooo bad, however that is my new eonon head unit right there
    Last edited by 1CMS1; 17-02-2014 at 09:55 PM.

5. Default

My friend welcomed me to the STI club but I thought my mazda 3 mps will not be able to catch up on their 4WDs

6. Default

If you want to do track days consistently, join the Mazda Car Club of Australia. It's cheap, CAMS affiliated, and you don't have to attend too many events to maintain membership. Being CAMS affiliated means you can attend any CAMS event held by clubs as long as you meet Sup-reg requirements (licence level etc etc).

If you just want to race Winton, get an AASA licence from them ($50 annually) and go there on fun days/test days.

If you have someone called "Alex", "Axspeed", "Lisa" come and ask you to pay them for a track day, give them the big middle finger, stab their tyres and call police. Don't trust them as far as you want to throw them...
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

7. Default

cool Dr. Teeth,

Thanks for that I am joining mazda car club now!

8. Default

Tell them I sent ya!
    Former treasurer here, current non-member... too much gone on in the past year.

Circuit Club, Winton, 15th of March. Me, James and Mick are all coming down from Sydney!

You don't need to join a club to go to casual track days.

Link: Circuit Club
    Last edited by Reedy; 23-02-2014 at 08:33 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Circuit Club, Winton, 15th of March. Me, James and Mick are all coming down from Sydney!

You don't need to join a club to go to casual track days.

Link: Circuit Club
    Considering you guys are coming from Sydney I had to oblige and book myself and my wife (2nd driver).

Looking forward to it and thanks for sharing it @Reedy!

11. Default

Very true Reedy, casual days don't need club membership, but CAMS deals you do.

I so want to attend, but will be broke after wedding, and attending other such stupid wedding events for other people... how inconsiderate!

12. Default

Does anyone know when this starts and how long it goes for? There's no details yet on web, but what would be an indication based on previous events?

Based on previous days at Wakefield:

7am: Gates open (register, collect timing transponder, etc)
    8am: Track walk
    9ish: Drivers briefing
    9:30ish: Track sessions start, alternating between groups and between timed and untimed sessions. (Passengers allowed in untimed sessions only).

The day usually finishes up around 4 or so.

I can't imagine Circuit Club changing up the approach between Wakefield and Winton, unless there are circuit-specific policies around start time, etc.

It will be the same. Have a read of the Circuit Club FAQ, there's some useful information in there.