User Tag List

Thread: CorkSport introduces an all new Power Series 3″ Intake System

Default CorkSport introduces an all new Power Series 3″ Intake System

We are happy to announce our 3 inch intake for the Mazdaspeed 3. It is a bolt in for the 2010-2013 model MPS 3.

• Designed Specifically for Mazda: All CorkSport parts have been designed and tested specifically for Mazdas.
    • True 3" MAF: Machined with a True 3" inside diameter MAF.
    • Turbo Inlet Pipe: A precision high polished 3" aluminum turbo inlet pipe..
    • Velocity Stack Design: Smooths the incoming air flow and increases the flow rate of air and reduces turbulence.
    • Durable Dry Flow Air Filter: Reusable and water resistant, this unique non-woven filter media does not require oil to filter and trap dirt and actually sheds dirt under engine vibration unlike cotton-gauze which holds contaminates until you clean the filter.
    • Custom Reinforced Silicone Connectors: Constructed from multi-layer nylon braid to provide more strength and power and a smooth internal transition for less turbulence and optimal flow.
    • Upgraded Turbos: Highly recommended for Mazdaspeeds with upgraded turbos.

Fitment for the 2007-2009 and 2006-2007 MPS 6 must make battery or ECU modifications for fitment.

The intake is $299.99 and a link for the product is here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	axl-6-276-blue_parts600.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	15886  

Awesome!
    With the need for the ecu relocation of the gen 1, does that mean you're going to bring out a battery box for us too that the ecu will fit in?
    Also, what's stopping the intake fitting into the airbox? Just the hole in the side, and if so, will a dremel make it fit?

Cheers,
    Alex.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Awesome!
    With the need for the ecu relocation of the gen 1, does that mean you're going to bring out a battery box for us too that the ecu will fit in?
    Also, what's stopping the intake fitting into the airbox? Just the hole in the side, and if so, will a dremel make it fit?

Cheers,
    Alex.

If you saw the thread on MSF you can get the box in there with a little bit of work for the 2nd gen battery box to fit and yes you need to relocate the battery to get the intake in on the 1st gen. The engineers are not sure on the numbers to make a 1st gen battery box, they best way to make sure it goes through is to harass them with product requests for it.

Product Ideas - CorkSport Mazda Performance - 360-260-CORK

Derrick

Relocate ecu AND battery on first gen? Oh..

There is a HTP slim battery box for sale here on the forum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't really want an open style battery holder, otherwise I would have bought it. Thanks though.

Looks good but it's just a shame all the mucking around to do with a gen1 ,HTP are a straight fit , don't know why CS couldn't do the same

I was really looking forward to this but it seems unfinished to me if as a customer I have to move this ,dremal that ,relocate etc

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Looks good but it's just a shame all the mucking around to do with a gen1 ,HTP are a straight fit , don't know why CS couldn't do the same
    We wanted better flow out of the intake, thus the design we have.

-Derrick

10. Default

Will u make a option for tip to be black?

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy91 View Post
    Will u make a option for tip to be black?
    Eventually yes but it might be a while.

-Derrick