User Tag List

Thread: just bought a new car... got some questions for all experts here.

1. Default just bought a new car... got some questions for all experts here.

Hi all,
    I just bought a mazda 3 mps yesterday!!! (so excited! I think I am the only owner with Mazda 3 MPS in Shepparton!)
    There are a few things that I want to ask for your expert opinion!

1) the car was a used car and it wasnt tinted. I wonder if some of you have experience in this area and can recommend me which company/brand is best? I like to have privacy plus reduce heat and UV of course but I want them to be fully street legal. wouldnt want to be blocked by cop all the time.

2) I think I do not see a car tyre pressure monitor warning from the user manual so I assume the car is not equipt with such function. I drive long distance (80km) daily so car tyre pressure is important to me. I wonder if there is any aftermarket gadgets that's able to assist monitoring where at the same time not needing any alteration electronically/mechanically?

3) I seems to have trouble with bluetooth-ing my iphone 5s and the car. I have followed the user manual but its either my iphone 5s not detecting any devices, or when it does (showing vehicle BT), the car audio showed "error" when I press on "pairing device".

Many thanks for your responses and all is appreciated!

lawrence

#2 Wireless Tyre Pressure Monitoring - YouTube

cant help with 1 or 3, sorry

3. Default

Thanks for the youtube video...
    not something I was thinking of doing tho... its just too much trouble...

maybe I should just regularly check the tyre pressures at the petrol station...

Yea, regularly check the tyre pressure when you can. I lose about 2-3psi per 500km

With the blutooth issue, i would say that it is iphone related (as many things are) my windows phone, and my android phone works fine.

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Definitely iPhone related. I got my iPhone 4 to connect, but took a lot of swearing, and even then it was limited in what I could do. My Samsung is 100% paired.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

6. Default

Oh really!? Should have just bought a samsung galaxy note 3 instead of the iPhone 5s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are really set on a tyre pressure monitoring system you can get an aftermarket head unit like eonon which have a compatible tyre pressure monitoring system that can hook into the head unit.

Also I think with tinting the lowest you can legally go is 35%. Tho I know many people who have run 20% and have had no issues with cops as long as you are not hooning

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Yea, regularly check the tyre pressure when you can. I lose about 2-3psi per 500km

With the blutooth issue, i would say that it is iphone related (as many things are) my windows phone, and my android phone works fine.

2-3psi per 500k? I think you have a slow leak or some other issue because that is a lot to loose. My old shitty 2001 Camry only lost about 2-3psi per 5000k

Just heard an add on the radio for octane tint from tint a car. Don't know how good they are in this country but they were great in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    2-3psi per 500k? I think you have a slow leak or some other issue because that is a lot to loose. My old shitty 2001 Camry only lost about 2-3psi per 5000k

well if i have a leak it is on all 4 - i lose the same psi evenly....strange?

What do other people see on the mps6?

wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

I'm no expert but that does sound very strange to me. Would suck to have to stop at servos more times to check tyre pressures than to get fuel on a trip to Sydney

Well, i get only about 550km out of a tank with normal driving (9.2 l per 100) so it kinda works out :P

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Definitely iPhone related. I got my iPhone 4 to connect, but took a lot of swearing, and even then it was limited in what I could do. My Samsung is 100% paired.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
    " A lot of swearing " love that part mate
    Not 2 Fast Not 2 Furious

Welcome! I am also a recent member

I have an iPhone 5S and a MPS 3 and it paired really easily. Whenever I'm in my car the phone automatically pairs within seconds now.

I'd suggest closing all of your apps and restarting your phone before you try again.

15. Default

Thanks for the info. Yes I tried nd it now pairs well. I live in shepparton so locally not many tinting company. They are charging 260-400 depending on the types. Are they quite reasonable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to say yes that is reasonable because you get a good warranty normally and it cost me $380 nzd to get a Silvia done 6 years ago which obviously has less window area.

17. Default

went to tint a car today.
    booked in for Bolle tint 35 front windows, 20 rear windows and rear screen, 35 visor strip at the windscreen, for $565, with gifts of 2 sets of bolle sunglasses...
    hope it turns out good!

Nice mate you will love it. Sell the glasses = cheap tint in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencetlc View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yes I tried nd it now pairs well.
    Happy to hear it mate Always try switching electrical devices off and back on again when having problems!