User Tag List

Thread: MPS3 Inherent fault

Default MPS3 Inherent fault

Today whilst dumping oil and filter, did a thorough under car inspection.
    Water pump gone again. This will be the 3rd now in approx 8months. You will only notice this leak with front under engine tray removed .
    Leaks from underside of pump, and then leak dries on front engine block. Local dealer when queried ,responded with yes there has been a problem on Maz 3 only ,but we havenot had many on MPS3,my responce was that MPS3,s where not a significant share of market hence the small numbers of notifications. The dealer is replacing my 3rd pump quick smart .
    Do not rely on just checking your coolant tank as you may think it is purely evaporation loss. Check your water pump housings from underneath the car ,preferably from a hoist and with the front tray removed.
    I also will be demanding a written notice of rectification from dealers service section this time so as to cover my backside once car is out of warranty.
    30000 klms ,30months old.

thanks for the headsup, i will take a look at it when i get home

Who does your servicing on the Sunshine Coast??

I've been using the Mazda dealer at Maroochydore and think they are hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by teamfletch1 View Post
    Who does your servicing on the Sunshine Coast??

I've been using the Mazda dealer at Maroochydore and think they are hopeless
    i use eagers mazda, and i can honestly say they are really good, they fitted my mazdaspeed induction and will warrant it , they have also been proactive in helping me with recalls and warranty issues, my bluetooth broke and they replaced the whole thing in less than an hour, cant say good enough things about them, maybe others have some stories

dOttY Guest

I find my Mazda dealer at Caboolture to be pretty good. The owner's son apparently races his MPS...

Thanks guy, might give Caboolture a go, a bit closer to home than Brisbane. I was thinking about taking it to Mazda in Cleveland, I've heard so many good stories about that service centre.
    I just want someone that is proactive in spotting potential problems like these water pumps that I've heard are a big problem as Oldhead has pointed on.
    I'm not even sure that Sunshine Coast Mazda even does my service, I swear they just call me and tell me it's ready without even lifting the hood. Really crap service.

dOttY Guest

I bought my baby from the Sunny Coast dealer, but I nevah get her serviced there.

I too, was going to try the Cleveland dudes, but after an MPS Suspension Day-Out, I realised that Caboolture must be doing something right. The tyre pressure was spot on, not as per manual (it's too low!) and the camber etc on my wheel alignment which was done the day before the suspension gig, was spot on too. So I figure they must know something...

, I had my car in @ Fulcrum last week for castor bushes and they told me I had a coolant leak under the water pump. I have to get my car booked in for a checkup now.

Thanks for the heads up, I will query them regarding this as an issue.