User Tag List

Thread: android tablet mounted in car as stationary camera warning system ?

1. Default android tablet mounted in car as stationary camera warning system ?

So Ive been using my dated beltronics xr75 radar detector the past fortnight and it saved me from a minor speeding fine already(laser hit on poliscan unit-I was barely over and im like 90% sure it was "splash" from the poliscan targeting a vehicle ahead of me) I seem to be getting even more K band falses than the last time I used the unit(2-3 years) and am yet to encounter a copcar wih their K band on. Havnt seen a nova and from what I hear I probably wont very often but they are around still even in the metro(perth) area.

Anyway ive spoken to a very helpful bloke from radars.com.au in Perth and am leaning toward getting a 4 sensor laser interceptor system and keeping the old xr75 in case I come across a Nova or K band highway patrol car. The only base I have not covered in my quest to protect my privacy, right to drive and hip pocket.... is the stationary/point to point camera issue. These don't change obviously and apparently a gps system with the locations loaded in is the way to go. You can buy specialized units but im thinkin surely I could use a basic one and load in the positions myself for cheaper? Specifically I have an old asus tf101 tegra 2 android tablet I was thinking I could rig up in the interior and either find an ap or just customize google maps to include places of interest such as stationary cameras.

Im pretty much a tech noob, I hoping someone out there has done something similar, or even found a cheap gps unit that does the job for them?

Have you tried trapster?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

3. Default

Maybe not talk about this online.

I'm pretty sure these items are illegal, so I don't endorse radar systems in vehicles.

Just make sure you don't get in trouble because the police and insurance companies do trawl forums like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Maybe not talk about this online.

I'm pretty sure these items are illegal, so I don't endorse radar systems in vehicles.

Just make sure you don't get in trouble because the police and insurance companies do trawl forums like this.
    Legal in WA.
    2006 3MPS | CorkSport Stage 2 Intake | cp-e 75duro REM | more to come...

For upcoming cruises and events in QLD, head to:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/qld-forum/

5. Default

Lucky WA...

6. Default

Yeah "lucky" WA..... I guess

Ive been using trapster on my android phone the past few days and it rocks! Love the digital speed readout it provides too (gen 1-sh!t speedo). Only problem is that is absolutely merks my battery. Like from 90-30% in 4-5 hours. My phone is paid off now and kinda old but I was hoping to stick with it as I don't use it much cept for calls n text but after driving with trapster on I don't want to b without it!