User Tag List

Thread: Muffler delete/straight pipes

Default Muffler delete/straight pipes

hey guy just wondering if I take both mufflers off and run straight pipes from the y pipe will that be bad for my car, ie. (no backpressure?). Also how loud would it be, like will the drone be bad, would i have to put resonators in?

any help would be nice.

Cheers,

dukelukem

Anybody?

I'm no expert, so not sure what negative effects it will have on the engine/power. But I'm sure it's going to sound horrible. A quality car deserves a quality exhaust.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I had a 3" exhaust from turbo to tip with no muffling... It was super loud and actually sounded very nice on full noise, but at cruising speed it droned like a bitch! One benefit of straight pipe is flamethrower spec between shifts!

I ended up putting in a Magnaflow rear muffler which toned it down and cut out the drone.

If you did what you are suggesting, i can guarantee that you will:

A) hate yourself and the droning
    B) be pulled over by the cops.

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

thanks guys for the response, might go for a magnaflow catback system

No backpressure is good for a Turbo car, but as the others have said, it would be way too loud.

@MPS2NV has the Corksport system. It's loud, but sounds tough. If your after noise, it's might be a good compromise. That said, the Magnaflow is a great muffler. Had one in for about 3 years. Only change I've made is a res-delete, makes it sound more gruff, pops a bit on overrun , but cold startup is loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too loud after warm but cold starts but it will let next door know what quality of glass they have as windows **** them anyway I say!