User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 19 inch wheels?

1. Default MPS 6 19 inch wheels?

Hi all,

I’m picking up a 2006 MPS 6 next week. (So excited!) So been busy browsing the forums and learning more about the car. Lots of good info on here.

I was hoping to get some advice from the forum. I’m not overly fond of the stock wheels on the car and would like to change to a set of aftermarket wheels.

As I understand it, the stock wheels and tyres are 18x7 with a +55 offset and tyres are 215/40 R18. I would like to get a set of Enkei RPF1s in the following specs : 19x8 with an offset of +48 fitted with 235/35 R19 tyres. The suspension is stock at the moment but I’d possibly like to get a set of Bilstein B8 with some appropriately paired lowered springs in the near future.

The main question is would the new rims fit ok with the stock suspension? What if it was lowered? Any comments about the ride quality on the 19s?

I’ve used the calculators at Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator as well as at Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com and it looks like the new rims SHOULD fit all right with the stock suspension. But there’s nothing like real world experience so any comments/feedback/examples would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Look mate, to be honest I believe you would be better off just lowering the car if that is what you are going for, and trying to ignore the wheels :P

The 18s are a good size and going to 19s may require a fair amount of work to enlarge areas in the guards...

Plus I have heard some horror stories about cornering and ripping the tyres at high speeds...:P

Still, a few people are rolling with 19s so it obviously works, just dome thoughts

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Never seen a 19" rpf1 tbh. Generally bought because they're light, and also bought in 18 or even 17" (like I have) to get the even lighter rims!
    That said, couple people have cx9 rims on the 6 and they are 20" so in terms of diameter that's ok. Not 100% sure about offsets on the 6 etc, but have a feeling you may need a lower offset, and if not need, you may like the look better of a lower offset.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Should be fine with rolled guards. I'm running 19x8.5 +42

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

5. Default

Thanks for the replies. I managed to score a cheap set of RX8 rims off Gumtree. Going to go down a tried and tested path. They're getting fixed up and painted gloss black right now.
    Also got a set of Kumho KU36 on the way. Can't wait to get these on the car!

Looking forward to seeing that

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

7. Default

Hi guys! Follow up in case any one is interested. The wheels have come back from being painted gloss black. I think they look pretty fantastic. Waiting on a set of Bilsteins and springs to reduce the 4wd spec ride height.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140317_074620.jpg 
Views:	1010 
Size:	951.2 KB 
ID:	16025

Looks good mate. I'm rocking red lugs nuts on my black wheels too

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Did you end up lowering the car? what does it look like now?