User Tag List

Thread: 2009 mps sluggish start

1. Default 2009 mps sluggish start

Hey guys and girls,

Recently my mps has been not been starting properly every time. About half the time the stater goes for 1-3 seconds before the engine fires. This is often followed by an almost stall before the engine then runs smoothly. Thinking it was the battery I went and had it tested and replaced but the problem is still occurring. Any thought??

Pull the spark plugs and give them a cleanup/gap check, Also do the coil pack spring check, Clean maf sensor too just for shits and giggles

Gum in the throttle body and ISC bitch of a job to get to compared to others but its cheap. 1 x can of carby clean and about 3 clean rags. Just my 5c worth.

4. Default

Cool thanks for the advice guys, it's due to have the plugs replaced. I'll have that done and clean the throttle and maf cleaned as well. Sorry for my ignorance of TLA's but what is ISC?

Idle speed control motor. It bypasses air a different route and is used to compensate/up idle when loads are applied at idle eg: a/c and p/steer.

I would also 2nd cleaning the MAF. My car wouldn't start due to the MAF being so dirty