User Tag List

Thread: defining a upgraded hpfp from stock

1. Default defining a upgraded hpfp from stock

hi guys, ive bought a new mps6 and it has a bigger turbo on it than stock, ive got my accessport3 and what i need to know is how will i tell if the hpfp has had the internals done yet or not?

any input will be greatly appreciated

Pull it apart
    Else, it might have CPE markings on it...
    What turbo is fitted?

3. Default

is that the only way, to pull it apart?

no idea what turbo

Unless it's a CPe pump, in which case it'll have CP-e written on it, there is no way to tell because it literally is taking the stock pump off, apart, changing over the guts and putting it back together again. The pump housing is still the same.

Well the other more risky way would be to log it at Work and see if it keeps up

^ I'd 1000000% pull the pump and eyeball it before that

7. Default

Pretty sure if it's got a bigger turbo the previous owner and you would have gone WOT a few times.

Pull the pump for your own closure mate!

9. Default

Looks like ill be pulling it apart to check, no dramas as it doesn't seem to be a big job. I found this info on corksport to help identify the difference between a cp-e/autotech/kmd/stock pump internals. See below link.
    i do have one more question, is there any gaskets/o rings I'm going to need before I pull it apart, I'd rather have them ready to go so it can go straight back on if its been upgraded.

CorkSport Mazda Performance – Blog » Fuel Pump Comparison Part 2