User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all tuning guru's! HELP PLEASE.......

Default Calling all tuning guru's! HELP PLEASE.......

I need some help sorting out my car's issues. I have been searching my nuts off and I am only finding bits of useful info.

Lets start with my problems. They are as follows:

• The maximum flow I am getting is only 235g/s, why?
    • My boost is spiking to 21psi to reach my load targets
    • My WGDC hits 100% from about 5500 rpm

The requests I am sending the ECU is as follows:

• I am targeting 2.0 load at about 3500 and tapering to 1.7 at 6000, 3rd gear in which I do most of my logging
    • Am I asking too much?

The current engine related mods I have:

• 2XS Twin dump with 200 cell metal cat
    • Resonator delete
    • Autotech HPFP
    • Corksport TIP (polished aluminum) and SRI, Power series stage II
    • Versatune software

These 3 problems could very well be related and caused by the same thing, in which case I would like to know what so that I can fix it. I just need some advice on sorting this out, things that you have come across that may be of help to me.........Thanks for the input, that's if I get any,
    @SarcasticOne @Rayd @MPS2NV @2XS and anyone else with some useful knowledge
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Have you checked for a boost leak? Perhaps your BPV is cracking under pressure and leaking back into intake
    Can explain all 3 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Rayd View Post
    Have you checked for a boost leak? Perhaps your BPV is cracking under pressure and leaking back into intake
    Can explain all 3 issues
    I do not have a compressor to test it. I had the BPV off this morning to check it and it does seem fine but until I can get some tests done on it I will not know.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

You will need a compressor to do the test
    Very informative test and will help narrow it down

Yeah what @Rayd said and are your fuel trims in check?

Disregard this, tapatalk giving me grief.
    Last edited by ledfootrob; 11-01-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Yeah what @Rayd said and are your fuel trims in check?
    Yeah the trims are good. LTFT goes from 2.3 to 0 later in the rev range. I might have to go and buy a compressor then.......
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Can you post a log please.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Check your tmic for cracks?
    air filter clean and maf ok?

Can you post a log please.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    I have heaps of logs but I will add the latest 2, the first one here indicates all that I am talking about. The second one I actually decreased the requested loads slightly and I did the BPV mod by blocking the small hole at the bottom to test to see if it makes a difference, it did but only slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Check your tmic for cracks?
    air filter clean and maf ok?
    I will check it out. I haven't cleaned the MAF since I bought the car so I might give that a crack too.

It might also be worth mentioning that I only run 100oct fuel and that I do my tuning mid day, so I guess the temps do not help either.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

11. Default

The small hose that goes from the EBC to Intake, is there cable ties on each side, the hose that came with my corksport intake when i had it was not a tight fit on the nipples leaking like shit with no cable ties.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    The small hose that goes from the EBC to Intake, is there cable ties on each side, the hose that came with my corksport intake when i had it was not a tight fit on the nipples leaking like shit with no cable ties.
    Yeah it is all good mate.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

What sort of temperature was it when you did the logging? In presuming it could have been quite warm, what sort of g/s are you getting when its cooler?

14. Default

I'm no expert just like to look at logs from USA etc to compare with mine lol but timing wise if i am reading right ? you are able to run 16 -16.5 just past 6000rpm with no KR in the middle of the day and no meth injection/e85 seems odd.

What sort of temperature was it when you did the logging? In presuming it could have been quite warm, what sort of g/s are you getting when its cooler?
    Believe it or not mate, but I haven't checked yet. I only thought about it today. I will go and do a few logs tonight. BTW outside temps was about 30.........
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

I'm no expert just like to look at logs from USA etc to compare with mine lol but timing wise if i am reading right ? you are able to run 16 -16.5 just past 6000rpm with no KR in the middle of the day and no meth injection/e85 seems odd.
    That is the thing mate, my loads are that low, 1.4 at 6000, that is probably why I am able to. And I also run United 100.......
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

17. Default

You will probably want to see it through with Vtune but could end up expensive with engine problems, possibly cut you're losses and go AP maybe, with some of the data yours shows with acel position being way off, could be a lot of data on the logs that are below of whats really going on..something just seems way off ramping up timing that much through your rev range in this weather seems like it is chasing it's tail trying to make power by pushing timing in , i can't go past a map with 12.5 where you are at 16 with a GTX and bigger intake at night time in this weather with 100 octane or i get knock.
    i could be way off in my observations though.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

@ledfootrob @shaneski @MPS2NV @Rayd I went out and did some logs just now..........quite a difference. The biggest difference is the WGDC that has dropped off to the 80's. My flow has also picked up just touching the 240's g/s as well. Temps were still at 27-28 but it made a big difference already.

I did pick up some knock in the 4th gear log but could not get it to repeat in the next run. Seems like every run there is a little knock but in different spots from run to run......

I reckon I am being killed by heat here, am I correct in saying that?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

You will probably want to see it through with Vtune but could end up expensive with engine problems, possibly cut you're losses and go AP maybe, with some of the data yours shows with acel position being way off, could be a lot of data on the logs that are below of whats really going on..something just seems way off ramping up timing that much through your rev range in this weather seems like it is chasing it's tail trying to make power by pushing timing in , i can't go past a map with 12.5 where you are at 16 with a GTX and bigger intake at night time in this weather with 100 octane or i get knock.
    i could be way off in my observations though.
    I am the one cramming the timing in there mate, at this stage I haven't put more into it as I have hit a brick wall with the flow. I have seen a lot of guys flowing 260-270 with these turbo's but mine is current maxing at 240. I will dial it back once I can find out what the hell is going on......

Also if you are running higher boost then you will have to dial back the timing, unfortunately you can't have both.........unless you run E85!
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

I'd be happy to detune my car for a while if you wanna try the AP with some stage 2 OTS maps.

With my license in its current condition I don't really need 200kwtw (TBC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast