User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all tuning guru's! HELP PLEASE.......

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    I'd be happy to detune my car for a while if you wanna try the AP with some stage 2 OTS maps.

With my license in its current condition I don't really need 200kwtw (TBC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, I am seriously considering your offer. I have just made a discovery in my maps that I have somehow missed all along, don't ask me how, but I have missed the protection tables completely. I have been hitting my overboost conditions constantly......FFS!!!!!!!

So it has been closing throttle on me. I will rectify the maps and see what it does, if it does not change enough then I will give the AP a go.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

No worries. If anything you can compare like 4 like, see where the differences are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am the one cramming the timing in there mate, at this stage I haven't put more into it as I have hit a brick wall with the flow. I have seen a lot of guys flowing 260-270 with these turbo's but mine is current maxing at 240. I will dial it back once I can find out what the hell is going on......

Also if you are running higher boost then you will have to dial back the timing, unfortunately you can't have both.........unless you run E85!
    What temp were the guys at flowing 260, in around 20c temps (near winter) you will more than likely hit 260-270 with the ability to hold higher boost with cold air etc especially a KO4 they suffer big time in summer. i compare my Maf gs to others with close to same mods and they hit another 30 more yet i make similar power and they are in winter.

Loaded your log into VD and the power you are making for the temps you are logging in it's pretty much spot on.
    Hotter air etc has a massive effect on these things unless you go meth or e85.
    With KO4 and old Ecuteck tune I would loose traction in 3rd in thin cool air,in summer temps of just 24 and some humidity it felt like it lost 20hp or more.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

closing throttle ftl
    hoping that sorts your issues

Thanks mate, I am seriously considering your offer. I have just made a discovery in my maps that I have somehow missed all along, don't ask me how, but I have missed the protection tables completely. I have been hitting my overboost conditions constantly......FFS!!!!!!!

So it has been closing throttle on me. I will rectify the maps and see what it does, if it does not change enough then I will give the AP a go.
    I was almost going to ask that question but because I'm not super confident with tuning I was never sure on how much you should play with detection tables and didn't want to say something silly lol btw my car loves running in the over load protection tables! Loves it! Lol
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

So I adjusted the protection parameters up last night and took it out for a log. The highest the WGDC went was 84%, which is better but I don't think the protection parameters were the cause. The ambient temps were like 23*. MAF were still topping out at 240g/s, I added a column with the calculated boost in it and yeah, it is boosting too high as well. Not sure if the little flame thrower is doing my power levels any good at 20psi.....

I also picked up a fair amount of tip in knock at the start of the log, not sure why that occurred.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VD 4th gear night.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	15711  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Grumpy; 12-01-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Lower temp lower wgdc/boost needed to hit targets. Can you adjust your knock decay rate? That knock decreases but takes its time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I will see if I can find the tables, good idea. Do you reckon a fmic will help to keep the wgdc down during the day? Does it make a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Lower temp lower wgdc/boost needed to hit targets. Can you adjust your knock decay rate? That knock decreases but takes its time.

Does this sound like the tables? "Knock retard decrement step size 1" and "Knock retard decrement step size 2"? They were 0.35, will set them to 0.5.

Or is it the "Knock retard Timer decrement step size"?? that is set to 640 timer ticks...........
    Last edited by Grumpy; 12-01-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Yeah probably. Try reducing the number.

well, the upside is that you are holding airflow now, rather than it dropping off, so it looks like the throttle plate is no longer closing on you!
    20psi through the midrange is fine on a k04, and with P100 containing 10% E, you have a decent amount of knock protection

Does this sound like the tables? "Knock retard decrement step size 1" and "Knock retard decrement step size 2"? They were 0.35, will set them to 0.5.

Or is it the "Knock retard Timer decrement step size"?? that is set to 640 timer ticks...........
    ugh, i had a post on all that on MSF, which has now gone
    from memory the first 2 are how many degrees of ignition advance will be pulled
    the timer is how often it checks/quickly it decays, mine is set at 200
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yeah that sounds about right to me. I will change them and see what it does, thanks.

Now your airflow seems to be getting somewhat into check with the bov issue sorted.

Can you post a log including the actual boost pressure aswell? i can't seem to see it in the ones you posted earlier, i suspect that your load targets are lowering your boost to a point which is counterproductive to flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayd View Post
    Now your airflow seems to be getting somewhat into check with the bov issue sorted.

Can you post a log including the actual boost pressure aswell? i can't seem to see it in the ones you posted earlier, i suspect that your load targets are lowering your boost to a point which is counterproductive to flow.
    In the one in post #26 , I added a column called "Calculated boost". That is the actual boost I am running as I subtracted 14.64 from the MAP, column "J". As you can see, my boost is actually a bit high.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Ok - Have you performed the boost leak test yet to confirm a sealed system?

No not yet. I am looking at doing it the weekend with a borrowed air compressor.

Default Calling all tuning guru's! HELP PLEASE.......

No not yet. I am looking at doing it the weekend with a borrowed air compressor.
    Excellent; hope it helps solve the issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12