User Tag List

Thread: EBC Brake Pads at EdgeAutosport.com

1. Default EBC Brake Pads at EdgeAutosport.com

EBC Brakes manufactures the worlds largest range of disc brake pads and rotors. Between pads and rotors, there are over 5000 parts for every type of vehicle. They are independently owned and managed and they are a leader in the brake market world wide.

EBC makes a wide range of pads for the Mazdaspeed 3 and 6. They have enough color variations that you could light up your Christmas tree with them.

EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads: $105.99 Front, $74.99 Rear
    Designed for premium street driving offering better brake effect up to 600°C (1100°F). EBC Greenstuff has a high initial brake effect and gives drivers confidence from first application of the brake pedal. There is no such thing as a NO DUST pad. The very nature of how a brake works requires that some dust be generated to avoid rotor vibration (shimmying). The EBC pad creates less dust and dust is more easily washed off than most. All pads create more dust as they are bedding in especially if rotors are worn. Nominal friction coefficient 0.55.

EBC RedStuff Brake Pads: $114.50 Front, $97.99 Rear
    EBC RedStuff pads are one of the lowest dust producing pads on the market. They are also produce amazing cold bite and improve with heat. They are made from a Kevlar fiber based brake compound enhanced with ceramic particles. If you have previously tried EBC redstuff (pre-ceramic compound) this material is light years ahead. It lasts longer, it brakes better and is quieter.

Being a hard wearing pad, bed-in times can be as long as 1000 miles and drivers must be patient until the pad takes up the shape of their disc (brake rotor). This is a truly impressive fast road pad for repeated heavy braking.

It emits far less dust than semi-metallic pads and has been proven to stop a passenger car/sedan/sport compact/hot hatch much quicker than OEM pads from 100mph to 0. Features EBC Brake-In surface coating which conditions rotor surface and accelerates pad bed-in. Nominal friction coefficient 0.5 with approximately 50% dust reduction.

EBC YellowStuff Brakek Pads
    : $134.99 Front, $105.99 Rear
    EBC YellowStuff is an Aramid Fiber based brake compound with high brake effect from cold and can be used on both the street and the track. They do not require warm up but get stronger as they heat up. Because of hits huge heat range, the applications of the Yellowstuff will deliver many benefits to the weekend warrior who needs to daily his/her car during the week.

Let me know if you have any questions about pricing or availability!

2. Default

The faster your car is the faster you need to be able to stop it. Let me know if you have any questions about which ones to go with.

I've been on Hawk HPS for a while. But on the track after 3 laps the fade (albiet little) is still frustrating. New Time Attack season starting in Feb, wondering if the Yellowstuff will cut it. The Hawk HP+ I read are a better track pad that you could live with as a DD. Thoughts?

4. Default

I believe that head to head, the HP+ will edge out over the EBC Yellows, but the HP+ do suffer from quite a bit more noise, especially when cold. So for a daily driver, that sees some track, I would go with the yellows but if you are more concentrated on the track or you just don't care about the noise, I would go with the HP+.

Oh and by noise, I mean they squeal. lol

Do they squeal as much as this? :P

Carbotech XP10 brakes - street use - YouTube

Even my girlfriend is used to it now lol.

Oh dear, sounds like a suburban trail stopping at a station. You track a lot then James for being about to put up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    I believe that head to head, the HP+ will edge out over the EBC Yellows, but the HP+ do suffer from quite a bit more noise, especially when cold. So for a daily driver, that sees some track, I would go with the yellows but if you are more concentrated on the track or you just don't care about the noise, I would go with the HP+.

Oh and by noise, I mean they squeal. lol
    Thanks for the feedback.

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Oh dear, sounds like a suburban trail stopping at a station. You track a lot then James for being about to put up with that?

I track it a bit, but it's just because the rears are frustrating to change that I put up with the noise they make. When both the fronts AND rears are in, it wouldn't be tolerable unless I was driving to/from the track.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    Do they squeal as much as this? :P

Carbotech XP10 brakes - street use - YouTube

Even my girlfriend is used to it now lol.
    The HP+'s are pretty loud squealers but I don't think they are that bad... lol! That sounds pretty awful to me! Haha!!