User Tag List

Thread: Rear engine mount interchangeability Mps/Focus ST

Default Rear engine mount interchangeability Mps/Focus ST

Can anyone confirm that these parts are interchangeable?

The Cobb REM states that it is for a focus ST/MPS so one would think they are. I currently have the JBR 70 duro mount but am thinking of swapping it for the electric focus mount as quite a few of the Focus ST guys are doing.

Regards

Er... I'm confused, do you want to put the electric focus mount on a mps (this works)
    Or do you want to put a jbr mount on a FST?
    Or do you want to do something with the Cobb REM?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'll gladly take/buy your JBR 70duro REM if you want

Pending price and condition of course.

Wanting to put the e-focus mount on my MPS. Had the JBR mount on for a good few months, I am used to it but think I want something with less vibes. Found this thread actually which seems to state it can be done.

Installed new Ford RMM this afternoon - Mazdaspeed Forums

I'll gladly take/buy your JBR 70duro REM if you want

Pending price and condition of course.
    I'll let you know what I do, shipping might be a bit of a pain as i'm in NZ.

I'm running the Electric Focus REM and it's a great compromise. Make sure you get the Ford bolt to go with though.

Ok cheers, yea thats what I was thinking. Through bolt or bushing bolt?

Not sure but I reckon you'll have better luck finding the part number for it on an ST forum rather than mazdaspeedforums.org

If anyone knows/can find out the part number for the through bolt it'd be much appreciated! I know the mount itself is CM5Z-6068-A, but can't find the associated part numbers for the bolt anywhere.

wow this is interesting.

Im curious how good it is compared to say the cobb rem? I have the CPE stage 2 mount and vibes are very minimal and is not harsh at all. THe only issue I have with this mount is that it increases the noise.

maybe need to go ask ford what the part number is?

Have bought the mount, so will let you all know compared to my JBR 70 duro when it arrives and once I can find the bolt!

Have had this on for about a week now. To me there are no noticeable vibes, the shifting actually feels smoother than the jbr 70 mount. As for performance, I would say I didn't notice a huge reduction in wheel hop for the jbr so the focus mount seems as good. At this stage I would highly recommend it, this guy sells them with the through bolt needed for mps 3s.

2013 14 Turbo 2 0 Ford Focus ST Upgraded Performance Lower Engine Mount Electric | eBay

Yeah its a great mount. I just wandered down to the local hardware store, mount in hand, and picked up a bolt to suit.

Edit - this was my review of it, and the bolt to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brissy_MPS3 View Post
    Ok I got home from my work trip this morning and had a look at this mount. It is a fair bit stiffer than the stock Mazda mount (which you can flex the rubber with your thumb). The Ford one took a lot of pressure to move it.

Didn't come with the horizontal bolt and the Mazda one didn't fit as threads were different. Went down to the hardware store with mount in hand, the bolt to get is a M12 thread bolt.

Installed the mount - what a pain in the ass compared to the stock and JBR mount. This one must be slightly bigger as it was pretty difficult to get the bolts to line up. Had absolutely no issues doing this with the other mounts.

Got it in, torqued everything up to 80 ft/lbs and took the car for a spin and readjusted the shifter linkage.

Shifting feel - same as JBR 70 duro mount except the clutch action. With the JBR mount, it was pretty much all or nothing. With the stock mount it was very forgiving with the clutch. This Ford mount is the same, very forgiving. The shifts are almost rifle bolt precise, like the JBR mount. Also have a JBR SSP set at 20% reduction and the shifter bushings installed. Tranny oil is Castrol Syntrans.

NVH - negligible increase. No rattles, no vibes even at low rpms with engine labouring. Feels the same as stock in terns of rattles and vibes, ie absolutely nothing. Engine noise is slightly louder but that's it. You honestly won't be able to pick it that this mount is in.

Torque steer - with the JBR mount, the torque steer is still there but is only slightly noticeable. With the Ford mount I'd say its close to the JBR one, but not quite the same. The improvement over stock is pretty good.

All up, this mount is a good compromise and sits somewhere between the stock mount and the JBR mount, but closer to the JBR end.

Very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CHMPS View Post
    Have had this on for about a week now. To me there are no noticeable vibes, the shifting actually feels smoother than the jbr 70 mount. As for performance, I would say I didn't notice a huge reduction in wheel hop for the jbr so the focus mount seems as good. At this stage I would highly recommend it, this guy sells them with the through bolt needed for mps 3s.

2013 14 Turbo 2 0 Ford Focus ST Upgraded Performance Lower Engine Mount Electric | eBay
    I bought mine from the same guy.

Never looked back.
    Mazda 3 MPS Gen II Emo Club | TEIN Street Advance CoilOvers | SPC Rear Camber Arms | DBA T3 Front Slotted Rotors | Remsa Front Pads | SURE 621g AGS Shift Knob | JBR 70A Rear Engine Mount | Autotech HPFP Internals | COBB AP Stage 1 | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | CorkSport SRI/TIP