User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corksport Stage II SRI help!

Default Corksport Stage II SRI help!

hey guys

i've got a 13' MPS, it's completely stock and i wanted to do some light mods on it.

I was looking at the Corksport stage II SRI kit.

Just wanted to know if anyone has one installed atm and your thoughts on it?

The only thing I'm worried about is if i'll be encountering problems if i do buy one.

plz help a brother out

Hi and welcome btw

I've got a Gen 2 and I've previously had the Corksport SRI kit with the airbox. I had minor fitment issues with mine where things just weren't ever lined up correctly. I've now got the COBB intake kit now and IMO, it's the best intake kit for the Gen 2.

That being said, there are heaps of other people here running the Corksport SRI without issues and I seem to be in a very small minority of people who had a problem.

Have a search through and you'll find plenty of info.

As long as you buy the correct one, and get direct from CS rather than going through the "local supplier" you should have 0 issues
    Heard of a few people who have gotten the wrong boxes from the "local supplier"...

cheers and thanks for replying.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the COBB SRI? and where did you buy it from?

i've done a bit of research and i'm just worried that the SRI may effect the MAF and can cause issues like CEL?

can you confirm if that's true? sorry about all the questions haha.

any thoughts on MPS garage? i've been getting mixed reviews about that place.

Mps garage is the "local supplier" SarcasticOne is referred to. Buy from us. Period.
    I have Corksport stage 2 intake with box (though it's on my gen1) and absolutely love it. Won't get any maf problems if it's handled correctly when installing into new intake. Also when putting new intake on, just be careful that the clamps aren't positioned in a way in which they can rub on your ecu loom. Then you WILL have problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got the COBB intake from Edge Autosports in the US (Forum sponsor). It's pricey, but certainly on the Gen 2 it's a more thought out product compared to the Corksport one.

Quote Originally Posted by LJeezy View Post
    any thoughts on MPS garage? i've been getting mixed reviews about that place.
    Rule #1 of ozmps, don't buy from places with "garage" in their name
    So, don't buy from Mpsgarage or protete garage... Also don't buy from SURE...
    Edge or CS direct are good choices
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

9. Default

I installed the Stage 2 SRI from Corksport as my first mod. Was relatively easy with time, patience and the correct tools.

To see what's involved with the install download their SRI install manual (found on their website)

No issues with CELs as the MAF housing size is very close to stock diammeter.

I'm also looking at the Stage II intake. I think I read in the ECU forums that you can run it with stock fuel pump. Correct me if I'm wrong but it should be quite a safe mod.
    Check out James Barone Racing, CP-E and Edgeautosports too for intake options.

Yes you can run it with stock fuel pump.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

haha alright, i'll take your word on that.

it's actually cheaper buying directly anyway. so i might as well do that.

they must be that bad lol. how bout when it comes to service and installtions etc? no good?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    I'm also looking at the Stage II intake. I think I read in the ECU forums that you can run it with stock fuel pump. Correct me if I'm wrong but it should be quite a safe mod.
    I ran a TIP/SRI with a Catted Race pipe for 6 months without issue.

It seems that the stock HPFP limit is about 3 or 4+ power bolt ons before it struggles with fuelling. So having only an SRI/TIP should be low risk in terms of fuelling. However, the only way to be certain regarding fuelling is to monitor fuel pressures (particularly on WOT) via Versatuner, Cobb AP or Dashawk (or similar).

Quote Originally Posted by LJeezy View Post
    haha alright, i'll take your word on that.

it's actually cheaper buying directly anyway. so i might as well do that.

they must be that bad lol. how bout when it comes to service and installtions etc? no good?
    Bloody terrible
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Bloody terrible
    lol i'm glad you told me that.

last thing i want to do is to take my car to some dodgy place.

Agree with all here, I had the same setup. Looked great, especially with the carbon fibre lid, sounded good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    awesome.

looks like i'll be getting an SRI soon.

thanks for the tips. I've heard of those brands too, so i'll be doing more research after work tonight.

what are you looking at getting ?

Iv got the stage 2 and airbox. Fits without a problem and sounds nuts Only issue was it didn't leave much room next to the stock bypass valve, so I had to move (and cut) the box a bit when I got a bigger blow of valve (turbo smart).

Worth watching your long term fuel trims if you can. I got intermittent rich conditions (and occasionally cels) mainly on long trips in summer. Easily cleared though, and went away completely after a maf cal with the cobb AP.

And +1 to what sarcastic said about the 'local supplier'. Just don't.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

They take your moniez even when their shelves are emptiez and blame the slow shipment from the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like all of them haha but I might get one with a box. So either cobb or corksport one. Corksport is considerably cheaper though.

Cant go wrong with any of them since theyre all reputable brands and lots of youtube clips on each.

So it will depend on whether you want silicon or aluminium, and personal preference of intake sound.

Which one are you leaning towards?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast