User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corksport Stage II SRI help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    I like all of them haha but I might get one with a box. So either cobb or corksport one. Corksport is considerably cheaper though.

Cant go wrong with any of them since theyre all reputable brands and lots of youtube clips on each.

So it will depend on whether you want silicon or aluminium, and personal preference of intake sound.

Which one are you leaning towards?
    true dat. COBB and CS is what i'm considering.

I was actually leaning more towards the corksport though. your right about price though since the CS includes the TIP on the stage II. its comes out cheaper by couple hundred.

are you buying soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    They take your moniez even when their shelves are emptiez and blame the slow shipment from the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that's the same thing i've read in other forums. lol that sux.

Damn so tempting... wonder if we can get a group buy or something and maybe even reduce price further?

That airbox is pricey though, might give that a miss.

Im considering CS Stage II or a COBB AP at the moment. Want both but need $$$.

GB sounds interesting.

But i'm only after the CS Airbox for a Gen 2.

Damn so tempting... wonder if we can get a group buy or something and maybe even reduce price further?

I cannot recommend having an air box enough. Not only for the legal reasons, but also because it does make your car perform better with the cooler intake air.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I wudn't mind doing a GB but would that reduce the price by much? i dont think the shipping is capped.

if it is, that wud save heaps. lol decisions decisions.

im prob looking at buying one in the next month.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I cannot recommend having an air box enough. Not only for the legal reasons, but also because it does make your car perform better with the cooler intake air.

yeah, i guess thats a valid reason for getting one. i don't want to be hassled by coppers.

have u ever been checked for defects?

Nope! Lucky because I guess there are a few things...
    I felt a noticeable difference in power with and without airbox.

I can only see difference in the temp number but no actual physical difference. They dont provide colder air, but really just delay the heating up from the engine bay

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    I can only see difference in the temp number but no actual physical difference. They dont provide colder air, but really just delay the heating up from the engine bay

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Intake temp is usually 1-2 degree higher than amb for me and you won't see that without a box.
    Also, difference in temp number is power Lol. Colder is denser and makes more power. Do a pull when it's 15 degrees or something when when it's cool, and do one when it's hot. They will be different, you'll see. Even better, do a virtual Dyno of both and overlay them. If they are done in the same spot same direction, same weight, the cooler one will show more power. Guaranteed.

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Like everyone else said I recomend not to use MPS garage ,
    also I recomend not to run an SRI untuned ,untuned can lead to all sorts of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Like everyone else said I recomend not to use MPS garage ,
    also I recomend not to run an SRI untuned ,untuned can lead to all sorts of problems.
    really? i thought it's fine to run a SRI on stock.

i'm not gonna add anything else. what kinda problems are you referring to?

When I ran my SRI untuned it ran like a pig and over boosted ,modifications like SRI, down pipe ,Zorst, BT should be tuned with Accessport or Etune , Ecutec etc

An untuned engine can lead to ZZB, and gen2 fuel pressure has been known to die with just an SRI.

IMO I wouldn't run a SRI without a stage 1 tune

IMO I wouldn't run a SRI without a stage 1 tune
    what's ZZB?

how much do stage 1 tunes cost roughly?

I have got the Cobb TIP, SRI and airbox. No fitment issues. Hypertech tune. Goes hard enough to scare me

ZZB is zoom zoom boom
    cobb Accessport V2 is about $500 second hand and the V3 is about $700 delivered.
    The Cobb Accessport come with stage 1 and stage 2 free or the Hypertech 2nd hand is about $300

Sold my Hypertech for 220

ZZB is the reference we give to the engine blowing up, Mazda slogan play on words

ZZB is zoom zoom boom
    cobb Accessport V2 is about $500 second hand and the V3 is about $700 delivered.
    The Cobb Accessport come with stage 1 and stage 2 free or the Hypertech 2nd hand is about $300

Disagree with v2 being 500...

Pick them up much cheaper than that. Same with hypertech.
    Can you direct me to the thread of the gen2 with ZZB from just an Sri? Very Intrigued as I find it difficult to believe that was the cause of his car blowing up...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast