User Tag List

Thread: 2011 Mazda3 MPS - Power Steering gone

Default 2011 Mazda3 MPS - Power Steering gone

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had the power steering go on their BL MPS at all? This afternoon driving around, the stability control light flickered a couple of times and then came on solid... and then on my way home, the steering was starting to get stiff, to the point that when I got to my driveway I had to use a lot of force on the steering wheel just to get the car straight in the carpark.

Looks like a call to the service centre first up tomorrow morning. Couldn't seem to find any reference to it being a known problem, except on the BK series Mazda3s...

Never even heard its a issue for bk too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This was the article I found on the BK Mazda3's: Mazda Mazda3 - Mazda acts on power steer failures | GoAuto

I am sure only the n/a's are the electric type @aeon, but someone correct me if I am wrong. Check to see if you still have a belt there and if it is tensioned Aka tight as fark no movement/deflection mate. I recently replaced my idlers for steel ones and a new belt and that got rid of my whine too.

5. Default

Check the battery. The BL has an electric pump and if there is not enough current, it may cause PS issues.