User Tag List

Thread: Gen1 MPS 3 Sales

Default Gen1 MPS 3 Sales

Merry Xmas everyone.

I was wondering what the general situation is on selling used Gen1 MPS 3's? Anyone trying to sell theirs and having trouble? I know cars are hard to sell in general but be good to hear what your thoughts are as im looking at a new car (not Mazda) and debating on whether to try selling my MPS privately,.... OR just take the low-ball offer the car yard are offering for my MPS and be done with it.?

Mine has approx 65k on the clock, excellent body, interior, motor etc, just needs front tyres and the yard is offering a measly $14k

Cheers in Advance

Well if you sell privately there might be a wait coz of Christmas n all that. But if dealer is offering $14 just negotiate with him or maybe he can throw in free stuff towards new car.
    I bought mine for 18k n m getting 16 towards my new car. But as you said only done around 60ks that's pretty low n shouldn't settle for less

Can be waiting a while to sell, sadly

Cheers guys. Yeah its a tough call. I guess thats the used car industry as we know it

Personally, i will go private and wait till the right person with the right price to come along.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I would take the dealer offer as private will take ages

It all comes down to your time and if you can hold out a couple of months waiting for a buyer. Selling a car privately is a painful experience, and sometimes not worth the extra $$$ vs. what a dealer would pay for the car if trading in. I dealt with so many idiots selling my wife's car last year, but I kind of worked out who was wasting my time quickly and the sale when it came through was very quick and easy in the end.

During that time I hated doing it, but looking back it was pretty funny (had to "test drive" car for girl who couldn't drive manual, the ludicrious lowball offers, people making up crap about the car, dude rocking up in a R32 GTR and saying it was "bloody slow" uhhh 1.4L NA does that).

To be honest I think $14K isn't a bad offer for a Gen 1 MPS 3, when you wouldn't pay more than $18K privately for one in pristine condition privately.

JB

De mod it and trade it. The difference can be made up by breaking the dealers balls for discounting the new car anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers guys for the replies, appreciate it. Will probably go with the trade option.

Its a shame to be moving on from the little MPS but its been a fun ride.

I thinks $14000 is pretty good

Mps is prob the worse car to sell privately, we have had the 6 on the market for 6 months but I still get to drive it so not too worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was only offered 17500 trade in on my Gen 2 as a trade in price on a new car recently. So 14000 on a Gen 1 seems pretty awesome to me.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

13. Default

Take 14k lol, I was offered 10k by Subaru...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Strip all the good mods off the car and sell them here, cut your looses and take the 14

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Strip all the good mods off the car and sell them here, cut your looses and take the 14
    Dealers don't rate any mods you cannot see/hear. So wheels, stereo, exhaust can sometime add (minimal) value.

So as has been suggested: strip, sell, profit.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

Two years ago I got $2k more for demodding on a trade in. Modded offer was $14k, Demodded $16k.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Two years ago I got $2k more for demodding on a trade in. Modded offer was $14k, Demodded $16k.
    This the reason I still have all my original parts and will keep stashing them under the stairs

I got $15k trade for mine. But that was on a $40k car and they wouldn't budge on the price for that. I say $14k is worth in for not having the hassle of waiting, lowball offers, idiot, time wasters etc