User Tag List

Thread: Good bug and tar remover??

Default Good bug and tar remover??

I am interested to know peoples reccomendations of bug and tar removers. My daily trip to work has my car covered in bugs by the midle of the week. I have been using Turtlewax product for my others cars, but since i changed locations it doesnt seem to have the strength to combat the crap that i get thrown at me now. I even tried the stuff i got with the car from Mazda, but like the car wash, it was a waste of time.

My car is black so i need something that will work effectivly.

Blog Entries

You will find it you use a reasonable quality wax, such as P21S, you will have no bugs to worry about...nothing really sticks to the car with a few coats of that...and it will nake your car look amasing...check out the final inspection forum for more info or to order...

Its hard to beat autoglym intensive tar remover and active insect. I love both of these!!

As for the car i would say P21S for a cheap paste, OCW if you want something longer lasting and Dodo Purple Haze for a good quality, decent durability, good looking paste wax.
    Last edited by ZAS; 19-01-2009 at 06:40 PM.

I had the mazda paint protection added to the car, i didnt want it but they did the whole lot (paint/leather etc..) for pretty much free so i thought why not. They made it a point to tell me not to wax the car as it was not required.

I have noticed a lot of grain stuck in the paint on the rear hatch and the front guards just behind the wheels... This is **** i would usually hit with say a clay bar treatment or something but have held off as i wanted to show the dealer

That DodoJuice looks pretty good, what would you sudgest i do with the car, do i use a clay bar type product, then a lime prime treatment followed by either purple Haze or Blue Velvet? Would this give me a surface that would almost repel the bugs n **** and make them easy to wash off? I am pretty much washing the car 1-2 times per week depending on weather, and the car is garaged. I drive on some pretty rought back roads near farms and through a rain forrest pass every day and these area's are swarming with bugs as dusk approaches after a warm day. Im sick of cleaning the black car, but they look sooo good when clean!!

The paint protection is a wrought. That combo you have suggested will do a mighty fine job!!

3 layers of the purple haze and it will be very very slick! Not alot will stick to it then

Blog Entries

Paint protection is crap...listen to Dan, he knows his stuff.

i had mine paint protected to and i got the same spiel dont wax the car but now im thinking stuff it im gonna wax it,im gonna buy those dodo products,so if i want to give the car a wash then wax what products do i need,i was just looking at the link you had and they got that many products its not funny.

so is the lime prime a car wash or do i need to buy the born to be mild car shampoo as well....or then again the dodo juice need for speed sounds good but is awfully cheap in comparison to the rest of the stuff obviously the resulls wont be as good i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by nath_2106 View Post
    i had mine paint protected to and i got the same spiel dont wax the car but now im thinking stuff it im gonna wax it,im gonna buy those dodo products,so if i want to give the car a wash then wax what products do i need,i was just looking at the link you had and they got that many products its not funny.

so is the lime prime a car wash or do i need to buy the born to be mild car shampoo as well....or then again the dodo juice need for speed sounds good but is awfully cheap in comparison to the rest of the stuff obviously the resulls wont be as good i guess.
    Dodo lime prime is an abrasive pre wax clenser. It will remove light swirls and leaves the surface very slick and clean and ready for wax.

NFS goes hard, i use that to finish off cars sometimes, its really really slick and is good for the time poor as its an all in one.

The order for products is

1.Wash
    2.Clay
    3. Lime Prime
    4.Wax

A tub of their wax will easy last you 12-24 months if you put it on right (which is very very thin!) I got 4 cars out of a 30ml tub and still have enough left to do the cab on my ute.

Wax it monthly. Wash it with Born to be Mild, 2 buckets and microfiber mitts and a WWDT

Cool, thanks for the advice, but what the hell is WWDT?? Wht the 2 buckets ??

Quote Originally Posted by racebitz View Post
    Cool, thanks for the advice, but what the hell is WWDT?? Wht the 2 buckets ??
    Waffle Weave Drying Towels

Happy Motoring
    duglet

thanks for the info dan,i assume you go around and detail cars just wondering how much you charge for your certain services,i understand you would do many different things but just he most popular i guess.

Sorry Racebitz, Duglet sorted the WWDT for you.

The 2 buckets is very important.

one has clean water and the other wash shampoo. You dip the mitt into the wash solution, wash a panel then dip it into the clean water. I then give it a rub with my finers.

This means all the dirt is now in this rinse bucket so when you go to do the next panel you have a clean mitt and totally clean water for the whole car. This means heaps less swirls!!

Sorry Nath.

Most popular service is a stage 2. Cost varies on location but will be about $260 and no more than $310 (newcastle or wollongong)

You get a wash, clay, 2 stages of buffing to remove swirls and then wax.

What do you reccomend to wash the car with, sponge, microfibre cloth/mitt?? I want to give the car a full going over and give a good base to work with, i should have done it first thing after buying it...

If you want a good base then use a micro fiber mitt.

Then clay with this: http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...and_magic_lube

polish and wax with this: http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...birds_half_cut (get the blue velvet or purple haze)

It may seem expensive but that tub of wax will last you at least 2 years and the lime prime should get you about 6 applications and you only need to do an application once every 6 months or once every 3 if you want

Mate that doesnt sound bad at all. If it makes the car easier to clean and allows the bugs to be washed off i will be happy as. i will get the gear, set aside a Sunday and give the car a good going over from head to toe. Will give me an excuse to take it out for a shoot too. thanks for the advice, will let you know how i go.

Jason

It will look insane afterwards man and yeah will be eaiser to get the bugs off

1 last question, what do you think is better, purple or blue? Is blue being the hard wax a bit more labour entensive to put on but is thicker and lasts longer? have i got that right?

I wanna make sure i get the best finnish i can with the dodo gear.

Hittin the inlaws up for it as an xmas present lol.

Thanks again.

Blue velvet lasts longer but purple haze has a better look IMO. Velvet still looks great but isnt as glossy as Haze.

Great idea re the present to lol

Thanks mate, all ordered, went with the Dodo Juice clay bar, Lime Prime Lite & Purple haze, got the large WWDT and a Swiss microfibre wash mit. Cant wait to see how she comes up. Thanks again for the advice.

Jason