User Tag List

Thread: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Default Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hi SA peeps! I hope you all have a great Christmas and time off work Hopefully Santa brought each of you guys something awesome!

Also I want to apologise for the lack of cruises, I feel really bad not having organized anything for the last few months, but due to a certain situation I stupidly got myself into I haven't been able to drive the last few months and still won't for another month, so unfortunately a christmas/new years cruise was out, but come February I'll aim to get a decent cruise for you guys, I should have the car back on the road by then, assuming nothing has gone horribly wrong by it being stationary the last 5 months, but everything should hopefully be ok. I'm sorry to have kept my issues from you guys and explain why there hasn't been cruises for so long until now, but the issue hasn't been one that I want to discuss on a public forum, bu a couple of you already know so I may as well come clean. I won't go into too many details, but back in July I lost my license driving back from Mt. Gambier, for speeding, I won't go into details as how fast or how much the fine was or anything, just that it was fast enough to lose my license for 6 months automatically. Luckily the cop was a super nice and chilled guy, he could have defected me for a few things, even had my car impounded for 3 months (which would have cost thousands to get out again) the guy definitely knew about cars, he even lectured me on why i should leave the engine running so the oil that's going through the turbo can cool down a bit before shutting the engine off, haha, I didn't even have to go to court, I know I probably deserved alot worse than what I got, so I'm thankful I didn't get defected or car impounded or anything, 6 months loss of license and the fine was alot less than I expected. I'd like to remind people at this point that I'm in no way proud or happy about what I did and I'm gonna have to teach myself some self control about how, where and when I open up the throttle of the MPS from now on. If I'm honest, I haven't actually missed driving that much, public transport isn't fantastic, though I'm glad the train line to Noarlunga is finally open again, but I haven't found myself wanting to get into the car and just take a small drive down to the shops and back, though that could be helped by the fact if I got caught driving while suspended I'd be going to jail for a few months...

Anyway, moral of the story is don't be a dick like me and speed, especially on a highway, even though you might not see cops, doesn't mean one won't come around the corner going the other way, clearly I learned this the hard way that they can catch you while they're mobile and traveling in the opposite direction... It's a lesson learned and I deserved it, I'm just happy I didn't lose the car all together or had to of gone to court and potentially have lost my license longer or had to spend more money on top of the fine and had unwanted media attention trying to make a bad example out of me.

Anyways, enough about what I did, it's the past, I've learned from it, you guys have every right to think I'm a dick head, I wouldn't blame you, but what's done is done. Again, sorry for the lack of cruises, but once I'm back on the road I'll get organising them again

Again, have an awesome christmas guys, and an even better new years! I hope you all get something you really wanted and have the best of luck for 2014! See you all in the new year!

Baz
    If you can't fist it, it's not big enough!

Merry Xmas mate. We've all done dumb things. Glad you're almost back on the road

Hi Baz,

We all have done stupid things it's just that we all haven't got caught. Which brings me to my point about if any of you guys do want to really see what your car can do (and the driver) then there are several options to get on the track. Firstly the Sporting car club run Hilcllimbs at Collingrove and this year they are having 3 come and try days as well as the 3 & 4 round series that they run for Multiclub and Wintercup. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get on the Track. First C&T is 12th April. Also the MSCA run a Super Sprint series at Mallala with the first round on 23rd March. They also run a 6Hr relay (teams event in May) What about a team from the OZMPS club?? Clem also runs some practice days at Mallala that are open to all. Any way Baz if you want to put this info up on a post with my details and if anyone is interested they can contact or call me. Cheers on John D MPS000 0413 647 728

will do, i'd love to get onto the hill climb track. the team event sounds interesting too, i'll get a post up soon about track days and things to see who's interested and get some more info