User Tag List

Thread: Corksport recalling "max flow" HPFP internals.

1. Default Corksport recalling "max flow" HPFP internals.

I know I should of just been the sheep and bought the autotech internals like everybody else...

Received a missed call whilst working today and a voice message from CS about a fuel pump internals issue, saying it was urgent. So already I'm thinking, is it safe to drive the car home? Got home to an email basically saying the parts are recalled and should be removed ASAP.

Good start to the holidays. :P

Well better to hear about it now and them wanting to do right by their customers, than not!

At least you'll know how to swap them back out, but sucks if you've got a dump pipe in or something which you need the internals in for..

Not good mate. Can you let us know what the issues were?

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

As was just posted on FB from MSF

"Today, we learned that our recently released fuel pump internals were not manufactured to specification. As a result, we are recalling all pump internals kits sold to date.
    Our original designed and validated internals functions as intended. We did our due diligence on the design. However, they were not manufactured in volume correctly and we failed to catch the error internally.
    All customers are being offered a 100% refund, including shipping cost or a $200 store credit if they choose to wait for replacements, which are 4-6 weeks out the best we can estimate.
    http://www.corksport.com/images/add_content/Pump.png

Unfortunately, we did not do our due diligence on quality control of the first batch. The “Sleeve” was manufactured about 0.2mm larger than we designed and tested. This results in the sleeve not fully seating inside the pump housing. This can cause the spring to bind and eventually the pump to fail.
    We have had one customer break a pump and we have replaced it. We will do the same for any other customer affected.

We have already reached as many customers as we could by phone and sent an email out to all the others with a 24/7 cell phone number to answer questions.
    We take this matter very seriously. We have erred in quality control. We appreciate the trust you place in the CorkSport brand and we will do everything in our power to rebuild that trust.
    Sincerely,
    Richard Harris
    President"
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

5. Default

Yup exactly as Gibba has said. Pretty piss poor considering the amount of other HPFP kits on the market, you would have thought that they would have made sure they were putting out a quality product. I have sent them an email and will be chasing them for the costs of having the parts fitted, removed and replaced. Already did a WOT log and didn't see anything all that impressive with the pump itself. Will be the first and last CS parts I buy for the car.

I think their response is good, as long as they cover the cost of removal and re-install.

But I don't think we should boycott the company because of this @RotarySnail...i have had no issues with their SRI and TIP.

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    I think their response is good, as long as they cover the cost of removal and re-install.

But I don't think we should boycott the company because of this @RotarySnail...i have had no issues with their SRI and TIP.

Yes agree with you here. As I read somewhere else, a lot of corksport parts are perfectly fine, but when it comes to the real technical type parts, they tend to fall down sometimes. I certainly wouldn't stop buying their parts which are constantly proven to be perfectly fine, when one of their newly developed technical parts has failed. That is just silly and illogical IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

I wouldn't be turned off their bolt on bit's, i have CS rear adjustable sway bar on stiff setting with standard endlinks for 20,000kays and it hasn't made a noise and it was less than $200 shipped. Also had their intake and test pipe which i outgrew ans they were great quality.
    I did post on facebook it was piss poor doing no quality control on such a competitive fussy market such as internals which can make or break a company wanting to develop mechanical parts, Especially after their BPV beta version was a fail with wrong piston tolerences i thought they would of learnt from that.

I will be ordering their tranny mount insert in the near future they do that type of stuff very well. Just with vital mechanical parts need loads more R&D other than basically 5000 miles on their basically stock car with an AP OTS map.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Yea agree with you there @shaneski, non-mechanical components are rather easy to get right compared to mechanical ones. As long as CS pay for all costs involved (And for any damage caused) then they are still OK by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea agree with you there @shaneski, non-mechanical components are rather easy to get right compared to mechanical ones. As long as CS pay for all costs involved (And for any damage caused) then they are still OK by me.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

10. Default

Have used their gear previously on my RX7, and was happy with it. Reason I'm not happy is because I bought a part to fix a possible issue that would cause ZZB. Now I find out, after doing WOT runs ect that it wasn't tested correctly and there was a chance that it could have caused damage and potentially left me carless with a huge shit fight. I can see the case of failure was very isolated, and I'm impressed that they were so quick to recall and rectify any issues. However I do have to wonder, how much support over here in Aus would any of us get if something like that did happen.

Will wait to see what their response is.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Have used their gear previously on my RX7, and was happy with it. Reason I'm not happy is because I bought a part to fix a possible issue that would cause ZZB. Now I find out, after doing WOT runs ect that it wasn't tested correctly and there was a chance that it could have caused damage and potentially left me carless with a huge shit fight. I can see the case of failure was very isolated, and I'm impressed that they were so quick to recall and rectify any issues. However I do have to wonder, how much support over here in Aus would any of us get if something like that did happen.

Will wait to see what their response is.
    Only g there bolt on bits for MPS which they say they mainly develop for..anything Rotary i wouldnt touch..would go PAC performance or Rotor Master they may have a popularity tax but their stuff is bullet proof, esp PAC (which is mostly done in house)
    Sorry missed read part of your post thought you had a problem with an rx7 part as well...with any company that first brings out critical engine bits best to wait for further revisions same as cars from factory, series 2 usually fix the fails from first release
    Last edited by shaneski; 24-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

12. Default

They don't really do major mechanical stuff for the rotaries, possibly a good thing due to how bitchy a rotary is about anything. But I did use their braided brake and clutch bits without issue.

13. Default

Just for anyone who is interested in this... I'm currently in correspondence with Derrik at CorkSport, and will hopefully be getting the internals swapped out tomorrow. According to him they all will fail, but there is no definite time span. I will also be providing them with receipts, however there has been no confirmation if my expenses will be getting covered.

Am I the only one who bought these?

It would be interesting if they covered labour too.
    would be a very expensive recall if they did

15. Default

Well by rights they should, because as it stands someone who budgeted ~$300 to get a part fitted may now be looking at a bill of $1000. =S

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Well by rights they should, because as it stands someone who budgeted ~$300 to get a part fitted may now be looking at a bill of $1000. =S
    Should only take an hour to fit them... If that...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

17. Default

I had the dealer that does my missus car fit mine. They have years of experience with hp fuel systems, have never failed to rectify issues on her car 1st time and are open Saturdays. Also due to it being a dealer and having a long term business relationship with them, any f*** ups would be fixed with out issue, although due to not knowing the vehicle they did charge 2.0h labour... Which I was fine with assuming it was a one time thing. :P

Unlucky. Lesson learnt on first-gen products again... Seems to be a recurring issue across all suppliers lately.

I just noticed that Corksport have their HPFP internals still for sale but not avaliable till feb , could this be the new and improved version .They have a spring and other internals included in their kit .Does the uprated spring really make a differnce as Autotech dont include this with their product .Or should i just err on the side of caution and go with the tried and true Autotech unit thanks for any feedback