User Tag List

Thread: COBB Accessport V3 - Gauges and normal readings for MPS 6

Default COBB Accessport V3 - Gauges and normal readings for MPS 6

Hi guys, this post is meant to be complementary to the one @SarcasticOne did here: Cobb Access Port FAQ

Anyway, I just got my COBB Accessport V3 today and installed it. When i was looking at all the gauges that are available i must admit i didn't understand what they all meant. I have looked over this site (and the COBB one) but cant seem to find the answers to what all these gauges mean, and what their normal readings should be.

Because i am sure that others have the same questions / or know the answers, ill try and put together a thread that can cover everything.
    These are the supported monitors (gauges) for the MPS 6:

Monitor (Gauge) name Monitor Definition Recommended Min Recommended Max

Monitor Name---------------------Monitor Definition--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Min----------------Max
    Abs. Pressure----------------------?-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Accel. Pedal Pos.------------------?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Actual AFR------------------------This is the Air/Fuel ratio within the cylinders of the engine------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Baro. Pressure---------------------The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor reads the air density entering the combustion chamber-------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Battery Voltage--------------------This is the current Batteries voltage--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Boost------------------------------This is the current PSI of your turbo-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Boost Air Temp.-------------------This is the air temperature of the air entering the Turbo--------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Coolant Temp.--------------------This is the temperature of your radiator coolant----------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Equiv. Ratio-----------------------?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Fan Duty--------------------------?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Fuel Inj. Amt. [mg/cyl]-------------?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    HPFP Act. Press.------------------This is the kPA or PSI (kilopascal or Pounds per square inch) Of your fuel pump-----------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    HPFP Sens. Voltage----------------?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Inj. Duty Cycle--------------------?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Inj. Pulse Width-------------------?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Intake Temp.---------------------This is the air temperature of the air intake (SRI or CAI)---------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Intake Valve Adv.-----------------?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Knock Retard---------------------This is the KR value that your ecu is enforcing on your engine due to potential detonation being detected----------------------------?--------------------?
    Long Term FT---------------------This is the long term fuel trim readings--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    MAF Voltage----------------------This is the Mass Air Flow sensor voltage------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    MAP Voltage----------------------?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Mass Airflow----------------------?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    RPM------------------------------This is your Rev's per minute reading---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Short Term FT--------------------This is the short term fuel trim---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Spark Adv.------------------------This is your spark plug advance timing-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Throttle Duty Cyc.----------------?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Throttle Duty Desired-------------?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Throttle Position------------------?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Vehicle Speed--------------------This is your current speed--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?
    Wastegate Duty-------------------?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?--------------------?

I have attempted to fill in the definitions where i believe i know the answer, but i have no idea what the ideal readings should be. Can anyone help fill in the gaps?

Also, here is a screenshot i took when i was driving around this morning. No idea if these readings are good / bad (apart from the KR, which is good). Note everything is stock on the car apart from a CS SRI + TIP, and HPFP is in kPA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot1.png 
Views:	327 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	15623

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by wsDKII; 23-12-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Default COBB Accessport V3 - Gauges and normal readings for MPS 6

Many of those readings will vary from car to car as flow characteristics vary, aswell as warm/ cold idle, ambient air temp, altitude above sea level; and weird things like battery voltage.

All parameters definitions can be found in the Cobb AccessTuner Race help file so that way you can get a better feel of what each value means. It's about 110 pages or something but gives a great overview to our platform
    Last edited by Rayd; 23-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks Rayd, ill download, and put in the definitions soon....

I understand that the values will be different from car to car, however there should be a range that is recommended - like that Air intake temp, maybe 15-30 Celsius?