User Tag List

Thread: WOT checkup

1. Default WOT checkup

Hi guys, just carried out my first WOT log in 4th gear after completing my MAF calibrations. Still however need to do my WOT calibrations.

Car is a gen2 wit 2000km, Cobb SRI and TIP, CS test pipe and CS HPFP internals. Open loop fueling is commanded at 11.4 and boost target is 18psi tapering off to 16.75 at 7000RPM.

Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated!! =D
    Attached Files Attached Files

more ignition timing
    else, looks healthy!

I wish I flowed that much and I wish I could get those loads.........looks good mate, as above, you could start to add some timing and spice things up!! Good job.

4. Default

Just wanna get the maf fully calibrated at open loop and then pull the fuel ratio down abit to the 11.8 mark. Then i'll start playing with the timing, is the knock sensor accurate enough in the upper RPM ranges to use to street tune the timing on these things? I have raised the threshold on it already. Currently I'm just using a stage 2 OTS timing map.

Default setting turns it off at 5500rpm... Mine is enabled up to 7000rpm

Mines at 7200 hehe

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Just wanna get the maf fully calibrated at open loop and then pull the fuel ratio down abit to the 11.8 mark. Then i'll start playing with the timing, is the knock sensor accurate enough in the upper RPM ranges to use to street tune the timing on these things? I have raised the threshold on it already. Currently I'm just using a stage 2 OTS timing map.
    target down near 11.4 or under to help against knock, 11.8 is lean for high rpm
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

8. Default

Guys in the states reckon they go up to 11.8 and some even into the 12s. Or is our fuel abit too shit? :P

Quote Originally Posted by RotarySnail View Post
    Guys in the states reckon they go up to 11.8 and some even into the 12s. Or is our fuel abit too shit? :P
    that's usually with e85 mixed in
    often times you'll gain more by running slightly richer, and increasing ignition timing
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

10. Default

So when it comes to doing my ignition timing, should I just be adjusting my high throttle/no knock table only, and then only the regions where I'd be going Open loop? With a 2 degree increase and then retest?