User Tag List

Thread: Bye Bye Ecuteck hello AP and Rayd tune with a GTX2867r

Default Bye Bye Ecuteck hello AP and Rayd tune with a GTX2867r

Back in october i had a GTX 2867r and Cobb DP fitted and tuned via Ecuteck, considering it previously made 210kw with just a corksport intake and magnaflow muffler i felt it over achieved. After turbo, TMIC, DP install it was retuned it made a massive 223kw and 460nm.
    I heard a few tales about that @Rayd fella doing tunes so i contacted him and i said do you speak a my language he just smiled and emailed me a few PTMite sandiwiches. (need the men at work sound clip in the background when reading that bit)
    Anyhow the below attachment presented it is safe to say the previous tune was fuking annihilated. i think Ray enjoyed tuning this thing it reacted to every change he made.

The characteristics of this turbo are..it can just about spool like a KO4 with the right tuning and make similar power up top to a larger turbo.
    All tuning was done with on pump United 100 in around 88% humidity at around 21.5psi (since i still have factory 2bar map sensor).
    Great thing about tuning with Ray was he is on the same time line and can communicate and discuss logs just about straight away and send a new map..plus many of you have also met him you also end up with a hell of a freind as well. (aren't i sweet).

You will notice there is a gap in revisions as i had to find a better part of the private road when dialing it in due to wheel spinning pilot sport 3s in 4th during logs.
    I may go meth for knock protection as being able to log i can now realise how inconsistant and shit our fuel can be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raydtunevd.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	321.0 KB 
ID:	15593
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Glad your happy with the end result!
    It was indeed a pleasure to tune this vehicle! Curves ended up very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rayd View Post
    Glad your happy with the end result!
    It was indeed a pleasure to tune this vehicle! Curves ended up very nice
    As usual i wil be happy with the power as it is for a while 9isaid that to myself a year ago with just an ecuteck tune and intake) then put you to work with an E85 or meth install and tune lol

Good work boys

Damn that looks like a BNR! Only holds like a faction longer than the BNR, the bnr looks like it has more down low. @Rayd could you put my 100oct map on his and see the curve difference for me plz?

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    As usual i wil be happy with the power as it is for a while 9isaid that to myself a year ago with just an ecuteck tune and intake) then put you to work with an E85 or meth install and tune lol
    He loves it.... Rays reaction to my build, 'BUT WHY THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR MOTOR' as soon as i starting talking GTX30 he than moved me GTX35 he comes around lol

We had one night when humidity was down to 24% and it spooled like a KO4 and had to do restrictions up to 3rd gear , couldn't get proper vd cause of wheel spin in 4th, last VD rev 9 was done in 88% humidty ATVFREEK ran the exact same map for his bnr 3 and gtx2867 (he was on meth) and was virtually identical power band..Ray can get these things to spool where you want it, too soom and it frys 3rd gear in cool temps.
    Luke thanks again i followed your path with the tune/AP, damn you make me spend money lol

It would be interesting to see what Rayd can do to a gen1 with similar mods and a bnr3 running similar psi,
    Hehe

Big clap to both you and Rayd for development , Nice numbers .

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    We had one night when humidity was down to 24% and it spooled like a KO4 and had to do restrictions up to 3rd gear , couldn't get proper vd cause of wheel spin in 4th, last VD rev 9 was done in 88% humidty ATVFREEK ran the exact same map for his bnr 3 and gtx2867 (he was on meth) and was virtually identical power band..Ray can get these things to spool where you want it, too soom and it frys 3rd gear in cool temps.
    Luke thanks again i followed your path with the tune/AP, damn you make me spend money lol
    Its what we do isnt it? always fun spending other peoples money