User Tag List

Thread: Remove exhaust panel trim MPS6

Default Remove exhaust panel trim MPS6

Hi guys

Anyone know how to remove the plastic panel where the exhaust surround and reflector is on the rear bumper of a MPS6? Made friends with a fence and the damaged this piece (passenger side).

The plugs underneath are cinch to pull out but theres numerous tabs behind the bumper which throw me off. Does the actual bumper need to come off or is there a trick to do it. Not sure if the drivers side panel needs to come off first?

Appreciate any help

Cheers

You don't need to remove the bumper, you can pop out all the clips if you are careful as they break easily.

Cheers Dazza!

Managed to get new trim piece claimed through insurance (with my excess being lower than the part itself).

Dinged my actual bumper as a result also (slight dent and scratches) and they are happy to replace the entire rear bumper. Now I'm weighing up whether I should take them up on a rear bumper replacement. Not too keen on original stuff being taken off etc unless absolutely necessary but the panel shop did say in order to fix up the scratches at the very least, the bumper would need to come off anyway. Anyone have a take on this? Main concerns are obviously colour matching (silver) and the intricacies of disassemble and reassemble in making sure everything is put back together properly

Anyone had a rear bumper replacement on MPS6?