User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A day on the track with Richtune

Thanks @Grumpy

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I contacted Caltex about there e85 and was told they keep there mix at 73-74% ethanol content year round.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    United E85 is 85% Ethanol and 15% "Normal" fuel year round. Caltex E-Flex could contain up to 85% Ethanol mid summer and will go a lot lower Ethanol mix in winter to help with cold starts.

P100 is in fact an E10 (10% Ethanol and 90% regular fuel) fuel with an octane rating of 100 compared to E85's octane rating of 105.

Well that is the quick and short version.
    Tests have shown that the united is usually closer to 85%...
    My only problem with running E85 in the Mazda is that you will have to get your mix more or less the same on each tank. If you screw up your mix, especially if you do not add enough Ethanol, then it will knock it's tits off and could cause some serious damage.

I ran E85 on my Evo and that was obviously easy as it wasn't a mix so it never bothered me. I suppose a Ethanol sensor could help with getting your mixes right but our biggest problem over here is that E85 is not available everywhere and if you travel too far you probably won't find it at all, which sucks!

I am still new to the Mazda platform and I am still trying to make sense of the timing tables so I have not scratched too much in that area, yet! I am also on a load based tune so not sure how far I can push that either.

Do you tune with Versatuner as well?
    Oh yeah, more than 450km round trip equals "better not floor it"
    In terms of mixing, I filled up at different levels 1/4 1/2 and 3/4... And if you always fill up around there, can usually make a decent guess at how much to put in
    It's better to err on the side of caution and put a little bit too much e in rather than too little... Gen 2's have some WOT AFR compensation so as long as you don't run it right to the edge, should be fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

United E85 is 85% Ethanol and 15% "Normal" fuel year round. Caltex E-Flex could contain up to 85% Ethanol mid summer and will go a lot lower Ethanol mix in winter to help with cold starts.

P100 is in fact an E10 (10% Ethanol and 90% regular fuel) fuel with an octane rating of 100 compared to E85's octane rating of 105.

Well that is the quick and short version.
    Easy. Thank you fine sir!

Thanks for the contributions people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    It's not particularly handy, but my nearest Caltex E-Flex is

1015 Mt Gravatt-capalaba Road
    Mackenzie, 4122

You mean Macgregor right Brad? I think this is where Sam @SarcasticOne fills up when in Brisbane yeah? BTW, some great info in this thread...
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Awsome!! Some nice competition there Brad! Where was the invite!!?? And yea Rich fixed the cut out for me back awhile ago i forgot to mention it... lol sorry!

8. Default

@Grumpy; I prefer tuning with E over meth because it's being injected via your cars fuel system opposed to relying on some 3rd party meth controller. A 3 gal mix makes a word of difference on these cars and will dramatically increase or remove the KR threshold. Most of my e85 stock turbo tunes are running a 50/50 mix to keep things simple and maximize gains. Big turbo cars run out of fuel quickly so they usually run a 25 - 30% mix.

E85 is also cheaper than meth and doesn't require purchasing any additional hardware.

We don't currently tune with VeraTuner because Cobb has dominated this market.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    I contacted Caltex about there e85 and was told they keep there mix at 73-74% ethanol content year round.
    Either way our ECU is pretty forgiving when it comes to mixes year round. Here in the states our E85 can fluctuate between e85 and e70 depending on the season. That being said you should be fine year round and even if your mix is off by a little.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12