User Tag List

Thread: MPS 3 BK engine support point???

Default MPS 3 BK engine support point???

Hi people I am going to attack the mrs' car tomorrow, I ordered a spec setup from @EDGE recently and have a question for enthusiasts about supporting the engine. Firstly I am a grease monkey and have done plenty of 3 mount euro style cars previously but having a quick look over the baby tonight I cannot seem to find a m10-12 mounting point to hang a chain?? to support the engine with an A frame. Is my only option a belly strap around the sump? I don't like or want surprises . If anyone has genuine first hand info that would be greatly appreciated. Since I cant find any info on the subject letalone a step by step guide to R+R gearbox a how to could be a possibility?? I will provide the car/parts and photo's if some one can guide me on how to post it.PS I will be doing castor bushes if that will help anyone?? Cheers.
    MPS=MP3..... Like a PS3 only with a bigger controller

The motors have 2 engine crane points - you might have to take the TMIC off to see them

One is near runner 1 of the intake manifold and the other is near runner 4 of the exhaust manifold.

Thanks @Rayd I just wrapped a belly strap around the motor. The clutch is a painful job to do on your own. Don't want to do another one, refit tomorrow arvo.