User Tag List

Thread: Rear engine mount

Default Rear engine mount

has anyone ever installed a rear engine mount?

CORKSPORT Race Rear Motor Mount Mazdaspeed 3

looking at buying, but is it something i can do myself or does it require a mechanic to install it

thanks all =)

Most serious MPS owners have. Super easy do a quick search on MAZDASPEED FORUMS (or google) and see how easy it is.

Krystm's Garage – Mazda 3 Mods and More! » Tutorial: Rear Motor Mount

If you know how to use a socket set, and can jack up the car, your most of the way there!
    Super easy job, as said about, few detailed guides floating around on how to do it.
    You don't need to support the engine when you change it either. Just remove and swap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

4. Default

I just got my mechanic to do it when the car was due for service, and he didn't charge me

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daoutlawz View Post
    I just got my mechanic to do it when the car was due for service, and he didn't charge me

Because it would have taken him all of 30 second to do
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

6. Default

Yeah I agree, but I got the case of the CBF's that week...

In your research you'll see mention of in cabin vibes increasing. 80 duro seems to be what most can live with. I was soft and went 70 as the wife had to drive it. But as with most of these mounts they loosen up.

Different story when you go side mounts, the vibes sound mental to me, for a daily I don't know how people can honestly live with them.

But a worthy mod, definitely in you top 5 things to update, like you're rear sway bar, some meaty brake pads, firmer shock/spring combo and rear toe arm to manage some of that rear tyre wear.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I bought this mount when it was on sale and its really good. No vibes at a'll. I reckon I would go 80 duro soon. Definitely recommened it

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I went with the 70 duro jbr mount. Wifey was seriously unimpressed on day 1. Given its actually the car we bought to replace her shopping hack I don't blame her lol.

It's been in for a week, driven about 400 km with it so far.

It has settled down a bit compared to the first day. Vibes present at clutch friction point and on over run. Hopefully over the next few weeks it will settle down a bit more.

Even as it is now, it's a worthy mod given how it just tightens everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brissy_MPS3 View Post
    I went with the 70 duro jbr mount. Wifey was seriously unimpressed on day 1. Given its actually the car we bought to replace her shopping hack I don't blame her lol.

It's been in for a week, driven about 400 km with it so far.

It has settled down a bit compared to the first day. Vibes present at clutch friction point and on over run. Hopefully over the next few weeks it will settle down a bit more.

Even as it is now, it's a worthy mod given how it just tightens everything up.
    Its definitely a really good mod! The Corksport one i got does not have any vibes at all which I find strange as every other brand has vibes.

I did notice I have to give it a bit more rev to get clean crisp gear changes. I will upgrade sometime down the track to an 80 if the 70 feels too soft.

The only bad thing is now im going to go through tyres like no tomorrow! =)
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

What about the Corksport motor mount inserts? Quite a bit cheaper.

12. Default

the inserts i started off with. Thye're probably equivalent to a 60 duro RMM.

i noticed a big difference going from the inserts to a full RMM (JBR 88a).

They were a very good start for me.

Anyone ever ordered from corksport? I'd like to get at least 2 mounts off them but I'm curious about how long it took to ship over to Melb? My drivers side mount has exploded so I'm off the road until I get a replacement. Does anyone actually stock aftermarket mounts in Melbourne/Australia? I can't really go weeks without my car.

Get on to edge, they should be able to get the mount to u within 7 days as they use dhl and prices aren't too bad comparing to our used to be only supplier

Cheers I'll get on to that

Quote Originally Posted by iOnic View Post
    Anyone ever ordered from corksport? I'd like to get at least 2 mounts off them but I'm curious about how long it took to ship over to Melb? My drivers side mount has exploded so I'm off the road until I get a replacement. Does anyone actually stock aftermarket mounts in Melbourne/Australia? I can't really go weeks without my car.
    I've bought multiple stuff from them and they are quick like any of the major companies. I like the corksport REM. I suggest if you get a 70 duro get the optioned 80 aswell as I felt 70 was still too soft, for me anyway.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||