User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vic recomended mechanic to install components

Default Vic recomended mechanic to install components

So i dont know who else purchased some goods on the black friday sales, but i ended up getting:

1 x Cobb Tuning AccessPort V3
    1 x CP-E Engine Mount
    1 x CP-E 3" SS Downpipe (High Flow Cat)
    1 x CP-E Rear Diff Mount
    1 x CP-E DISI 2.3 HPFPump
    1 x CP-E Top Mount Intercooler
    1 x DBA Club Spec 4000 Series T3 Slotted Brake Rotor FRONT
    1 x DBA Club Spec 4000 Series T3 Slotted Brake Rotor REAR
    1 x JBR Solid Shifter Bushings
    1 x JBR Oil Catch Can Kit Stage 2
    1 x JBR Side Motor Mount Package 70A
    1 x EBC GreenStuff Brake Pads REAR
    1 x EBC GreenStuff Brake Pads FRONT

I'm looking to get some of this done professionally (all mounts, DP and fuel pump).
    I have had a look around for the best places to do this work, and the HPF seems to be listed by a few of you.

any other places that will do this work?

thanks for your help guys.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

I've got mine in at HP-F for a service as we speak, so I'll be able to tell you more about their service work later, but so far Alex has been great to deal with.

I think @slixx and @Caffeine Fiend have had performance work done there in the past, so they might be best placed to comment.

Never went there at all
    I think your referring to @Jmac 's mate @PremHK

Lol Peter.. Sorry I thought it as you, now I can't remember who I was talking to other than Dan that have had work done there.

Quote Originally Posted by tims View Post
    I've got mine in at HP-F for a service as we speak, so I'll be able to tell you more about their service work later, but so far Alex has been great to deal with.

I think @slixx and @Caffeine Fiend have had performance work done there in the past, so they might be best placed to comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Never went there at all
    I think your referring to @Jmac 's mate @PremHK
    Bwhaaaa.... HP-F PremHK = Jmac nemesis
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Prem works for HP-F?

Prem works for HP-F?
    there is more torque out his mouth than a top fuel dragster

Oh god Tim went to HPF, Gud luck man. I can recommend @bozjet for all that work. He's a experienced mechanic .

haha thanks @Harry LuvzDrift - but I have to say they've actually been very responsive so far... more responsive than I've ever had with any dealership service.

haha thanks @Harry LuvzDrift - but I have to say they've actually been very responsive so far... more responsive than I've ever had with any dealership service.
    Maybe alcam and there blow up of Troys old car we got the wrong idea?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Default Vic recomended mechanic to install components

Sttttttooooppppp itttt you r making me worried! :-)

Thanks guys! I'll have a chat to bozjet before looking into hpf

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Just to update on this - Picked the car up, it was ready on time as promised and they ran through what was done.. surprise surprise, no bodgery like windscreen wiper replacements or required injector cleaning every 10kms... just exactly what I asked for. I asked them not to wash it because of the opticoat, and they didn't, but they did vacuum the inside which I thought was good service, and I asked them not to replace my K&N filter which they didn't... so they listen.

Only minor unhappiness is with the brakes, they've put brembo's on (now I have to paint my calipers red to match..gosh darnit!) and it feels like there's a tonne more pedal travel before the brakes really start to be effective.

To their credit, I took it straight back and Alex immediately got one of the mechanics to take it for a drive and see what he thought. He said they seemed OK to him and it was usual on new pads while they run in.. but just to be sure he took it back in to the workshop, back up the hoist and bled some fluid from each corner just to be sure there was no air in the system.

Unfortunately the traffic on the way home wouldn't allow me to perform any long stretches of braking from 100KM down to stop, so I might take it for a run on some open road tonight and see if I can get some improvement.

The mechanics partings words were "If you are still not happy after 2 weeks bring it back and we'll try some different things like putting your old pads back on - we don't want you to be un-happy with it" - I was more comfortable with taking it after he said that.
    Stock Standard MPS 6 | Opticoat Paint Protection By Caffeine Fiend | Custom GPS, Bluetooth and Digital music integration by Me | Rattles by Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll have a chat to bozjet before looking into hpf

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    Let me know who your going with. I need some stuff done too. See if we can tee up going at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Let me know who your going with. I need some stuff done too. See if we can tee up going at the same time
    I'm planning to go see him as well so maybe we can setup a meeting point and have a chat together...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    zoooooooming

Quote Originally Posted by 007MPS View Post
    I'm planning to go see him as well so maybe we can setup a meeting point and have a chat together...

I'd be down

Where is he at? Does he work from home or have a workshop somewhere?

Best to ask him or he tells us when he has time for all of us to meet somewhere mutual and we can all chat!

He has a workshop at home or he could come to you , either way but he usually comes to my place for the install.

Hi gents - this thread seems more popular then i thought!

I have had a talk with @bozjet and he has agreed to put my DP, 3x engine mounts, rear diff mount and OCC on at his place - time is unknown yet because i wont be receiving the parts from the US for the next 10-20 days. He also recommended me getting the DP ceramic coated to keep the engine bay temps down (which will work nicely with my TMIC)....so i have to get that done as well (talking with a place called " Chrome Plating_Ceramic Coating_Electroplating ").

I'm thinking maybe 20th december at the earliest for me, or maybe early Jan, but i like the sound of a group get together - although my stuff will probably take a day....
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast