User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Appreciated mate! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by son of eevil View Post
    You can buy them new from Corksport, edge autosport or you can wait till they come up second hand here.

Benefits? Practically nothing, there's debate about how much benefit there is, personally I don't think there's any.

The reason I put one was for the sound the intake noise is awesome and the bypass valve gives that awesone blow off sound you can't hear on the stock system
    Your right other than sound i saw only a 1 KW increase before and after fully tuned on the Dyno with an SRI and cold box
    the stock Airbox only becomes a restriction when u go BT
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

There would be more than 1kw difference with and without air box on a aftermarket intake I'd say, I mean I can feel a difference on the but dyno, and its certainly not sensitive to the kW Haha.
    Turbo inlet pipe, as @son of eevil said it's mainly a sound thing. That said, there would be flow improvements, and every little bit you improve will help

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    There would be more than 1kw difference with and without air box on a aftermarket intake I'd say, I mean I can feel a difference on the but dyno, and its certainly not sensitive to the kW Haha.
    Turbo inlet pipe, as @son of eevil said it's mainly a sound thing. That said, there would be flow improvements, and every little bit you improve will help

My car has had 4 Retunes and has Seen the Dyno 5 times with many variations of mods and Dyno time to see gains, I had 190kw before SRI and box ,SRI on and 2 hours spent retune only got 191kw
    Last edited by chef; 04-12-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Eh, I'll do some comparison logs with a 5 minute difference and see what I get. Its not a great deal but for my it was certainly noticeable. Btw I'm talking corksport intake and box.

My results with a SRI were the same as MRT claim that an SRI does jack with stock turbo as the stock Airbox is only a restriction when you go BT.

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    My results with a SRI were the same as MRT claim that an SRI does jack with stock turbo as the stock Airbox is only a restriction when you go BT.
    Can get 10-15hp by going to a 3" intake

Proven many times over on MSF
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12