User Tag List

Thread: BOSE Tweeter capacitor upgrade

Default BOSE Tweeter capacitor upgrade

Hi folks,

Found this randomly, feel free to give it a shot
    Tweeter Capacitor

Remember, something like the following Sub-Bass Extender Kit | PHOTONAGE can also be wired in to work with the stock BOSE amp and makes a BIG improvement to the sub. Otherwise, replace the whole BLOSE system :P

Enjoy
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

2. Default

Thanks @dazza for this.

Have you completed this mod? I wonder if it works with the Gen II 3 MPS tweeters

being relatively new/noob at hi-fi mods, where does the "Sub-Base Extender Kit" go? Easy to install? Any soldering involved?

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    Thanks @dazza for this.

Have you completed this mod? I wonder if it works with the Gen II 3 MPS tweeters

being relatively new/noob at hi-fi mods, where does the "Sub-Base Extender Kit" go? Easy to install? Any soldering involved?
    I haven't done the tweeter mod, however if you look at the BOSE tweeters in the gen2 and compare. They might of been upgraded since the 6/gen 1. Check the part numbers in the pictures compared to your tweeters.

I haven't done that sub bass extender kit but I had an old pre-amp @Rayd made.
    Basically you need to splice and solder rca's and power to that extender kit. It does not come assembled when you buy it so you have to solder the bread board components.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48