User Tag List

Thread: Chinese TIP?

1. Default Chinese TIP?

Hey I'm wondering if anyone has used one of the Chinese TIP's off ebay Mazda MAZDASPEED3 MAZDASPEED6 Silicone Inlet Turbo Intake Hose Black | eBay ?

I'm normally the first person to advocate spending more on quality but for this I'm wondering if I really need to spend twice as much + ridiculous freight charges for the likes of this: Cobb Tuning Turbo Inlet Hose Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6 looking at the photo's they are identical designs/copy.

So I guess what I want to know is if a small piece of silicon and stainless is really worth that much extra, or am I just paying for the brand?

Well, like most things Chinese they work OK until they break. That hose will be under pressure from all that air coming in from your IC so the cheaper the hose, the more likely you'll get a leak and that will impact performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    That hose will be under pressure from all that air coming in from your IC so the cheaper the hose, the more likely you'll get a leak and that will impact performance.
    Since that part of the intake system will be under vacuum from the turbo most of the time I would me more worried about the hosing deforming or compressing if it's not thick/strong enough. Being heat cycled would be more of an issue of a cheap item too.
    I guess, it's just about risk assessing the impact of an early failure of the part and having to replace it. It may well be perfectly fit for purpose.

Do it once and do it right - buy a quality and reputable brand.

There are two times I went for the cheaper/easier option and they are the only two aftermarket modifications I've since replaced.

i would say, try it out. It would be naive of us to believe CPE actually make the things they are selling. Half the time are all contracted to factories in asia anyway.

as above... rekon' would be restricting and higher boost would see that hose possibly even collapse.

Cobb or JBR for silicone TIP

Don't believe everything you hear about branded quality. I recently bought a bypass hose in silicone of a highly regarded brand only to have both ends fray away and split upon fitting.
    Check how many ply the silicone is and try it for yourself.

8. Default

Problem solved? https://www.corksport.com/corksport-...nlet-pipe.html

And it doesn't have $2XX freight like Edgesport

Just note witht the CS TIP - I got one for my six and the inside was full of welding spat that I had to clean out with a dremel and a wire brush. I also I had to bend up the bracket where it fixes to the factory TIP bolt off the side of the engine as it was rubbing up the side of the block. Other then that it works well!

Buy it, I would.
    It's only a silicone inlet pipe.
    You won't deform it unless you are running BT (big turbo).
    There will be no difference between it, Cobb, JBR, nothing.
    If it deforms under vacuum, you have bigger problems, like a restrictive filter.

I won't say it's 100% the same, but, there can only be a slight variation.
    3 ply or 4 ply, which, only really matters under a boost situation.
    Wire reinforced? Probably not, visually looking at it.
    But, if it requires wire reinforcing, like I said above, you have a restriction.

The only real difference between this item and a metal one, noise volume.
    The metal will always be louder.

Don't feel like you are asking dumb questions, everybody starts somewhere, I know I did.
    Just make sure you word it simply as possible, and give your own reason opinion.
    And in the correct section.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

11. Default

How do I find out if my car has received 'Mazda Service Bulletin Fix 01-002/11'? as per the Vent Breather Hose option on the CS website? Turbo Inlet Pipe | Mazda Intake

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan NZ View Post
    How do I find out if my car has received 'Mazda Service Bulletin Fix 01-002/11'? as per the Vent Breather Hose option on the CS website? Turbo Inlet Pipe | Mazda Intake
    Look at the valve cover breather location in your engine bay.
    If it looks like the NEW in the attached photo, you have received the revision.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9242.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	15524  
    Last edited by dazza; 05-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

13. Default

The pipe that becomes L-shaped instead of straight?

Yes if you look closely they moved it closer to the turbo. The breather hose connects at the back of the tip not the front

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk